Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color for my new fenders and tanks

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:07 AM
OIF SuperGlide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do "Blue Aluminum," they have a paint and powder of it now. Google it.

http://s564.photobucket.com/user/Let...96c6e.jpg.html

Last edited by OIF SuperGlide; 01-30-2015 at 08:09 AM. Reason: hyperlink
Old 01-30-2015, 08:14 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by brockND
Clear coat the straight metal. no primer. haha. ive heard ppl talk about that but ive never seen it.
Originally Posted by Alain
I gave that option some thought as well. Like you though, I've never seen it in person and I'm afraid of what it might look like up close.

I wouldn't recommend it though. Quite a few of those guys are getting rust under the clear coat. The problem is that the paint layer is much thinner with just clear, and when it gets a chip you don't really notice because it is clear. Then a little bit of water gets in there and you are riding a rust machine.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for pointing that out 24. I wouldn't have thought of that rust problem. Makes total sense........clear coat the metal is off the table boys.

Here is the Hellcat silver I was talking about. This is not the picture is saw on the magazine (can't find it on the interweb). It's called billet silver metallic.

Here is a pic I found. It has this blue air intake on it that actually closely resembles the blue color on my frame. Because of that this particular picture is a good way to gauge the two colors together.

What you boys think?

Attached Thumbnails Color for my new fenders and tanks-image.jpg  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:59 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Here is a picture of the whole car with some black stripes on it. To get the feel for that aspect of the scheme.

It's a bit darker than that silver I posted on that first pic.

Attached Thumbnails Color for my new fenders and tanks-image.jpg  
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
I wouldn't do flames, I'm not a big fan of them. I hated that they came on the bike to begin with.
Ah...my mistake. I think I miss-read "FRAME" and thought you were considering "blue FLAME"...!

It slipped my mind that the Rocker came with matching colored frames and so when you talked about blue pin striping I was having trouble tying the blue back to anything but the tins. Now that you've clarified it makes much more sense.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

i think silver would look good, add some blue accents and it would look real original

Old 01-30-2015, 09:08 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by OIF SuperGlide
Do "Blue Aluminum," they have a paint and powder of it now. Google it.

http://s564.photobucket.com/user/Let...96c6e.jpg.html
I like that blue alluminum but if I'm gonna go that route I might as well keep the stock color and just loose the flames on the tank no?

I think all that blue would look too boring.

The reason why I'm looking to do something other than blue is because when I look at my bike I feel it doesn't keep my interest. There is not enough color wise going on to keep you interested.......if that makes any sense.

Thoughts??????

Old 01-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,146 Likes on 6,211 Posts

How about a paint scheme like s CVO Breakout, except use the stock blue in place of the black.

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/Pho...VO-Softail.jpg

That will get you an accent and people will do a double take when they look at it.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:18 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
Ah...my mistake. I think I miss-read "FRAME" and thought you were considering "blue FLAME"...!

It slipped my mind that the Rocker came with matching colored frames and so when you talked about blue pin striping I was having trouble tying the blue back to anything but the tins. Now that you've clarified it makes much more sense.
Lol I figured you miss-read my post somewhere.

Originally Posted by stal94gt
i think silver would look good, add some blue accents and it would look real original
I agree. Blue accents would put it over the top.

Problem with that is that if I go with this silver color from dodge I plan on having my local body shop do the spraying. I know the guy who owns it so he's gonna give me a reasonable price for the job........ But I don't trust them when it comes to masking and creating two toned jobs Lolol.

A straight up single color job is pretty much all they do there. Lolol.

So I would have to find me someone who can do a two tone paint job without raping me on the price......not confident that's gonna be a possibility lol.

With that said. I'm gonna get a consensus from you guys about doing just the silver. I'm still open to other single color options though.

I don't have the mental capacity to come up with colors unless I see them lololol. That's why I'm here asking you guys.

That's it for now, gonna go home and work on these two fenders so I have them ready for when I nail down the color.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:19 AM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

if you were to keep the bike than possibly silver tank with a blue counsel and badges. silver front and rear fenders with some sort of small blue design.

Quick Reply: Color for my new fenders and tanks