Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color for my new fenders and tanks

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

And I also got these for passenger pegs. Although I'll probably never have a passenger on there. I use them to rest my feet when I'm cruisin with the apes on.

When the clip ONS are on I put my feet back there, lean forward and it feels like I'm on a Ducati 1198 on an envy agusta Lolol. J/k

Attached Thumbnails Color for my new fenders and tanks-image.jpg  
Old 01-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

And here is even at the new rear fender I just finished choppin looks like.

I went longer this time and threw a nice curve on it instead of goin straight across like I did last year.

I kept is as long as possible to match the full front fender.

I had to cut it there cause I relocated the tail lights further towards the front of the fender (closer to my *** when I'm sitting on the bike) lol. Because of that I had to cut the stock mounting holes for the tail lights off the fender.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:51 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,158 Likes on 6,216 Posts

Please verify that this is the picture I am to work magic on:

Last edited by Prot; 04-20-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:18 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good with the clip-ons....defo different but I can relate from my ricer years lol lookin good Alain .

Old 01-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Prot
Please verify that this is the picture I am to work magic on:
Yep. That one is good or the one in my signature. Whichever is easier for you.

Originally Posted by professorzoogy
looks good with the clip-ons....defo different but I can relate from my ricer years lol lookin good Alain .
Thanks professor for the compliment. And thank you for all your advise with this front fender

Old 01-31-2015, 01:17 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

I may be a day late or a dollar short with my input...but...

I've found that paint/powder can look completely different on a cloudy day vs. a sunny.

Whatever you choose, I recommend looking at samples that have No direct light on them. That way you can know what the bike will look like at dusk, night, and on cloudy days.

I have a bike that is blue with flake in it...on sunny days it is stunning. The rest of the time, it is drab looking.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-31-2015, 01:27 AM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

i will be honest, i love that blue color, but colors are all opinion. i would do blue with silver accents but that is just cause alain has my favorite rocker on this site.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:49 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
I may be a day late or a dollar short with my input...but...

I've found that paint/powder can look completely different on a cloudy day vs. a sunny.

Whatever you choose, I recommend looking at samples that have No direct light on them. That way you can know what the bike will look like at dusk, night, and on cloudy days.

I have a bike that is blue with flake in it...on sunny days it is stunning. The rest of the time, it is drab looking.
Not too late at all. Since I'm probably not gonna go with HD paint and I'll be using that Dodge silver or the new Z06 shark grey color Maybe I'll stop by a dodge and Chevy dealership and see if I can look at the colors in person.

I'm going to the NY auto show in early April, I don't wanna wait that long to decide on paint but if I can't find Dodge or Chevy cars on dealership lots with those colors I can just wait till I go to the auto show and see if they have them there. April is a long ways say though and I wanna be able to ride before then.

Originally Posted by stal94gt
i will be honest, i love that blue color, but colors are all opinion. i would do blue with silver accents but that is just cause alain has my favorite rocker on this site.
You've made me blush lolol. Thank bro.

I too like this stock blue color its just that I feel the bike needs something other than the gloss black to make it more interesting to the eye.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:48 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice chop on the fender.
Another idea......paint all tins the stock blue...and do the tank blue on the bottom with silver on the top or just all silver....kinda a play off the blackline or kinda like what michapop did. I would shave the emblems off too

Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

I'm definitely loosing those tank emblems. Either totally shaved off or get different ones.
I'm diggin that two tone idea Jo. I don't think that would cost me as much as a pinstripe job.

Gonna consider that one.

Right now I've come to the realization that I'm gonna have to cut off 2-3 inches off that front fender. 1.75 inches of ground clearance just ain't gonna be enough clearance to keep that front fender from dragging all over the place.

Sucks!! Was really hoping not to have to cut that freaking thing.

By the way just came back from my local dealer and found two things.

1- if you're looking to do the headligt mod I did (givecredit to 24v) with the fat bob dual headlights and daymaker passing lamps in them as headlights. Now you won't have to worry about the fitment issues and deal with wiring harnesses and not having a high beam. HD just came out with a dual Daymaker setup for the fatbob headlight. They want $800 though lol and that's just for the Daymakers, you still have to get your own dual light bucket. Doing it my way I only spent $400 for the two daymaker lamps and $150 for the bucket.

Thought I'd share that if anyone is thinking about it.

2- look at this silver on this street glide. I forget what Harley calls it but it's a good choice for my paint job no?

Quick Reply: Color for my new fenders and tanks