Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson 7" Daymaker Led Projector Style Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1004ron
Do you have a link for that, and does it include the mounting ring etc. ?
Here's the link to the Ring:

http://www.discountfleetsupply.com/jws3156351.html

Add it to the cart and the Headlamp of your choice....jc

Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsshane
It's amazing that only HD could make you feel good about a $400 headlight. As the HD rig is almost $200 more, we go happily into the less expensive and better product. But let's be honest...$400 is a lot of money for a headlight...
You boys down south have it better then we do up here in Canada. I had the dealership put that Daymaker Led on my scoot when I picked it up in December and they charged me $778.00 + tax for that light. They gave me "free" installation (sarcastically said).

As far as spending the extra dough on a headlight... where I'm from we have deer all over the place. I've hit one in my 1 ton that cost over $13,000.00 to fix and I know the same collision on a bike would likely be fatal. Any lighting upgrade I can do on a bike is worth it to me and I am ecstatic to have found a better product then the MOCO unit for less money then the MOCO unit.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:37 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Berick
I spoke with their rep from Western Canada and the anti-flicker device is not necessary for our applications.
LOL - We all talked to them this morning! I was told we would need the Adapter Ring Kit....but I can't find that item anywhere! Anyone?

So we don't need the anti-flicker adapter..but need the $52 trim ring? maybe that's why HD's costs so much..it includes the trim ring?

Old 02-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Berick
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
So we don't need the anti-flicker adapter..but need the $52 trim ring? maybe that's why HD's costs so much..it includes the trim ring?
I paid $778.00 Canadian from the dealership for a lesser quality product from HD. Near as I can tell... it would cost me roughly $420.00 to buy the Evolution 2 and adapter ring and have it delivered to my door. Even if it worked out to the same price as the HD unit.... it is still a better product.

Last edited by Berick; 02-17-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:09 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim

Let's clarify this...It's not a trim ring, it's an adapter ring. These where not made specifically for a HD motorcycle.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Berick
Tourer

Not sure if anyone really cares but I thought I would show the before and after pics of swapping out the 7" HD Daymaker Led with the new JW Speaker 7" 8700 Evolution 2 light.

I have shown the HD Low Beam followed by the Speaker Low Beam.... then the HD High Beam followed by the Speaker High Beam.

The pics don't really show it too well as they were taken in my small attached dbl car garage with an Iphone. I can confirm however that the beam pattern is definitely wider with the Speaker units and when the high beams are lit up there is a very noticeable difference higher up on the horizon line.

Anyways... I'm very happy with the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2's over the MOCO's LED upgrade. Hope this thread helps someone in making their decision.

Last edited by Berick; 02-19-2015 at 09:47 PM. Reason: attached images incorrectly
Old 02-19-2015, 11:09 PM
devin_r
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no flicker adapter or adapter ring needed

Been browsing the forums for a while and thought it was time to chime in. I have a 2014 flstfb with the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution II. No anti-flicker or ring adapter was needed. I have the stock headlight bucket. BTW, great headlight! I used to get cut off all the time, now with this light, cagers miss their off ramps trying to avoid me.

Purchased from 4wheelparts.com for around $350.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:15 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Berick

Where did you end getting the new light from and how much$?

PM me

Last edited by Gommee; 02-20-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 AM
element80
Novice

LOL - I should have been more specific - I'm having trouble finding anyone that has one in stock. AND...has anyone NOT used the adapter ring?

Thanks for the help Berick...jc
Originally Posted by 1004ron
Do you have a link for that, and does it include the mounting ring etc. ?
I don't think you will need a new mounting ring... I didn't on my 2014 streetglide....it was direct bolt on using stock hardware...what I did need however was the LED headlight wiring harness from Harley - which was like 21 bucks after tax here in texas

Old 02-20-2015, 07:32 AM
element80
Novice

Originally Posted by Berick
I'm very happy with the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2's over the MOCO's LED upgrade. Hope this thread helps someone in making their decision.
Thanks for the pictures! Looks great. I was going to get the Reflector, until I saw reports of a brighter, wider, better patterned light from JW Speaker. My light cut out on me a few times this morning on the way to work...I can only imagine that the LED harness from harley was damaged in some way

Originally Posted by devin_r
Been browsing the forums for a while and thought it was time to chime in. I have a 2014 flstfb with the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution II. No anti-flicker or ring adapter was needed. I have the stock headlight bucket. BTW, great headlight! I used to get cut off all the time, now with this light, cagers miss their off ramps trying to avoid me.

Purchased from 4wheelparts.com for around $350.
^^ exactly...I got mine from an Ebay seller Reviveauto or something like that...it was 351 free shipping or best offer...I offered 300, got it for 310...had it 2 days later...he shipped fed ex

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson 7" Daymaker Led Projector Style Headlight