Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson 7" Daymaker Led Projector Style Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Harley Davidson 7" Daymaker Led Projector Style Headlight

If there's anyone out there like me looking to buy this particular headlight.... DON'T!

I bought my bike new in December of 2014 and had them include this headlight upgrade to the bike.

In January though... JW Speaker (the company that makes this headlight for Harley Davidson) created an upgraded version of this headlight called the 8700 Evolution 2. It is a far superior design and quite a bit brighter than the current HD unit.

It puts out more lumens and throws an approximately 50% wider beam pattern for catching those critters in the ditch before they become one with you and your ride. They also have a more concentrated beam up the middle providing a little more distance than the HD units when in "bright" mode.

Here's a little comparison for you guys;

I absolutely hate buying something new that is supposed to be the "latest & greatest" only to find out a month later there is a new and improved model out there. Hopefully this saves some of you guys that kind of headache!

Another massive bonus to buying the light from a JW Speaker Retailer is that the cost is about 1/3 LESS than the HD unit and it comes with a much, much better warranty.

Sooo.... you get a better quality light than the HD Unit for 1/3 less with a warranty that I believe is 5 times as long as the HD unit! I've found these lights online from anywhere between $335.00 - $400.00. The old HD Led Daymaker came close to the same quality of the Phase 7's but this new 8700 Evolution 2 looks to be the "New Big Dog"!

Last edited by Berick; 02-17-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:24 AM
element80
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered one yesterday, 320 shipped from ebay

Old 02-17-2015, 08:59 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although it sucks to have something better come out right after you bought something, that's the way things seem to be these days (cell phones..computers.. an HD with a 96, then a 103 comes out)..

What I took from this video is who actually makes the HD lights.. i knew TruckLite made the Kuryakyn ones, but i didnt know these people made the Daymakers.. so.. thank you for that

Out of curiousity, or maybe helpful to anyone who wants this(these) light(s).. is the anti-flicker harness required, too? I notice for all Jeeps it is, but idk about HD's

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 02-17-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Berick
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Although it sucks to have something better come out right after you bought something, that's the way things seem to be these days (cell phones..computers.. an HD with a 96, then a 103 comes out)..

What I took from this video is who actually makes the HD lights.. i knew TruckLite made the Kuryakyn ones, but i didnt know these people made the Daymakers.. so.. thank you for that

Out of curiousity, or maybe helpful to anyone who wants this(these) light(s).. is the anti-flicker harness required, too? I notice for all Jeeps it is, but idk about HD's
I wondered the same thing Jim. I got a contact from JW Speaker that I'm calling this morning. He's the rep for Western Canada and the anti-flicker relay was what I wanted to talk to him about along with Canadian pricing.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:50 AM
kalbo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in what the rep says Berick also. I like the look and price of these units

The following users liked this post:
Ryan00TJ (01-05-2023)
Old 02-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Berick
Tourer

I spoke with their rep from Western Canada and the anti-flicker device is not necessary for our applications.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:01 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL - We all talked to them this morning! I was told we would need the Adapter Ring Kit....but I can't find that item anywhere! Anyone?

Old 02-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Berick
Tourer

Originally Posted by jcsshane
LOL - We all talked to them this morning! I was told we would need the Adapter Ring Kit....but I can't find that item anywhere! Anyone?
Easy-peasy......

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/he...cycle-ring-kit

Old 02-17-2015, 01:06 PM
Berick
Tourer

Anyone near the Edmonton area that wants to buy my HD LED Headlight? lol

Old 02-17-2015, 01:09 PM
jcsshane
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL - I should have been more specific - I'm having trouble finding anyone that has one in stock. AND...has anyone NOT used the adapter ring?

Thanks for the help Berick...jc

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson 7" Daymaker Led Projector Style Headlight