Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can H-D 4" Straight Risers be used on a Heritage Softail Classic?

Old 02-16-2015, 06:53 PM
wvedec
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can H-D 4" Straight Risers be used on a Heritage Softail Classic?

Hello,

I have a 2012 Harley Heritage Softail Classic. I wanted to bring my handlebars closer to me and raise them a bit. I bought the 6" pullback risers (http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-09-5626609--1) recommended for this bike and had them installed. Unfortunately, this brought the handlebars back and up more than I wanted and I feel like I am leaning back on the bike. I rotated the bars forward, but now I have to reach to turn the handlebars in a tight turn.

I was hoping that maybe I could use the 4" straight risers (http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ebar-riser-kit) instead. My reasoning is that the height of the 4" riser would be ideal (not too high) and that the natural pullback gotten from the angle of the plate on top of the triple tree would bring the bars back just the right amount.

The problem is that H-D does not list my bike in its fitment list for this riser (it only lists a Switchback and a Sportster). Soooo, I was wondering if anyone has used this riser on their Heritage Softail Classic, how it fits, and what effect it has on the handlebar position, especially the pullback.

Thanks,
Wayne

Old 02-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Dave's 1stHog
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't tell you if they fit on your bike or not but I have the 4" risers on my Lo and it is just about perfect for me. I didn't like the fit of the original bars but these seem to fit nicely, I hope they work on your bike. Good luck.