Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X- Bones VS Softail Slim?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 10:03 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Smile

OP,
this is from someone who owned both at the same time, both are great the slim does throw more heat
then the Xbones, My xbones did not have the spring seat and was quite low both rode great but I opted to keep he slim, The Xbones felt heavier in slow speed turns but the front end is all steel!
It was a tough decision for me to sell the XBones but when I sold my home and moved 2 bikes were not feasible, cost wise and storage unit access. My reasoning on selling the x bones was primarily the
year factor it being a little older and a load more miles then my slim. My slim is slowly transforming in to my own Firefighter edition slim. The slim sits a little lower and with me being vertically challenged it is just right. You cannot go wrong with either both real stable and comfortable on the long ride! I had my Xbones set up with saddle bags and a removable large sissy bar tour bag,made packing for a trip easier then the slim. You need to test ride them both.