Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canada HD Parts Supplier

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
MacKenzie001
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Canada HD Parts Supplier

Anyone know of some places/dealers in Canada that offer cheaper than average OEM Harley parts?

I live in Edmonton, Alberta presently and looking to purchase a few relatively expensive Harley parts (speedo/tach combo, nacelle, etc), any where online in Canada or the States that offer discounted products?

Thanks Mak

Old 03-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Good luck!

HD in Canada does not give any discounts or deals. US dealers are not allowed to sell to buyers outside the US. Only way you can get parts from US dealers is top go there in person.
As for speedo tach combo, have you looked at aftermarket products? Dakota Digital makes some nice speedos. I had a sweet one on my 07 Street Bob. It was a digital blue display. If I did not get the one I have now that was added when I bought the Fat Boy Lo, I would have a Dakota Digital installed already.

Now, News Flash, Corporate HD bought out Deeley Canada. What does this mean to us? Prices may go down because no more middle man jacking around with prices and bending us over to get top dollar cuz they could. My understanding is that Corporate HD wants to clean up this mess and bring back customer confidence.

Last edited by Gommee; 03-02-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Poppawhiskey
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

We will have to continue going to the States to shop as I highly doubt there will anything more than a tiny reduction, if any, in the prices we pay here in Canada. Why would Harley drop prices? Whether from Deeley or Harley, we're going to continue to take it in the hole under the tail.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Softail HA
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

For me it is more a matter of convience, not so much the price, I can live with paying Harley's suggested retail price . I just wish we had a way in Canada of ordering it online, and having it shipped to our door rather than be tied to your nearest Harley Dealer.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

At this point it is just speculation as to what will happen.

My hope is that they (Corporate HD) will make things more reasonable and affordable for us. Deely has had the Monopoly (bending over customers) on this market for a long time. They were even successful in forcing US dealers not to sell to us. From what I understand HD wants to fix things. I do doubt it will be any time soon, but here is to wishful thinking.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:42 PM
MachU
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope there is a change, however, I doubt the prices will go down.

Last edited by MachU; 03-02-2015 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 PM
MacKenzie001
Cruiser

Right on guys, looks like the dealer will have me bent over for this one.

On another note, I need an out of province inspection done. Any small shops around Edmonton that charge a reasonable rate? (Harley quotes 2 hours, $275 lol. Funny to get a car done its like $150)

Last edited by MacKenzie001; 03-02-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MacKenzie001
Right on guys, looks like the dealer will have me bent over for this one.

On another note, I need an out of province inspection done. Any small shops around Edmonton that charge a reasonable rate? (Harley quotes 2 hours, $275 lol. Funny to get a car done its like $150)
I pitty anyone who buys from the 2 dealerships in Edmonton. Absolute crooks and some of the shittiest customer service around. I drove all the way down to Lethbridge to buy my bike in December..... that's how good the price and service was!!!

Old 03-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by Berick
I pitty anyone who buys from the 2 dealerships in Edmonton. Absolute crooks and some of the shittiest customer service around. I drove all the way down to Lethbridge to buy my bike in December..... that's how good the price and service was!!!
Too Funny, I thought I recognized that checkered floor, that is where I bought my 07 Street Bob. They are great to deal with down in Lethbridge. Kane's in Calgary gave me a great deal on my 2014 Fat Boy Lo, they are the only ones that had the custom Daytona Blue.
Lethbridge did the appraisal and estimate on the Street Bob last year when I totaled it in Montana.

I don't think it matters where you go, they all bend you over...

Old 03-03-2015, 07:39 PM
MacKenzie001
Cruiser

Thanks guys, I'll call the dealer in Lethbridge and see what they say.

Quick Reply: Canada HD Parts Supplier