Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 into 1's - V&H vs Rinehart

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 12:19 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2 into 1's - V&H vs Rinehart

I bought my '08 Fat Boy last year with what looked like an older version of the Rinehart 2-1 already installed, and it sounded and seemed to perform well but I couldn't get past the tattered looks. A lot of ppl were saying how their quality had dropped over those years. I was torn between replacing it with the Pro Pipe and BS Long's, and found a good deal on a used pro pipe last week so I grabbed it and installed it this past weekend. The rear O2 sensor was gualded (spelling?) into the Rinehart pipe and stripped the O2 threads on the way out, but I hear that's pretty common (but what a bastard).
Performance-wise it feels the same, but I'm no expert in that matter. It's a little quieter than the Rinehart, and quieter than the BS Long's from what I remembered on my older Heritage, but when you get on the throttle it tends to get better sounding. Score 1 for looks, but a draw on performance? I have a SERT but I was told by the dealer tech that when replacing pipes, especially if going from 2-1 to a 2-1, that a remap wouldn't be needed.

Attached Thumbnails 2 into 1's - V&H vs Rinehart-pro-pipe.jpg   2 into 1's - V&H vs Rinehart-right-side-w-apes.jpg   2 into 1's - V&H vs Rinehart-rear.jpg   2 into 1's - V&H vs Rinehart-pro-pipe-rear.jpg  

Last edited by BlessedHellride; 03-19-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

I have that same Rinehart exhaust. Although the headpipes and heat shields look OK, the "muffler" itself was pretty tattered looking. (I use quotation marks because it really isn't much of a muffler). It's stupid loud. I tried packing the baffle with fiberglas, then I put a "lollipop" at the end. While that toned it down some, it seemed to kill some performance.

Being a bit of a fabricator (as well as a tight-wad) I changed out the muffler for one I built from automotive stuff. Looks better, sounds better, performs better. I just couldn't pony up for a whole new exhaust, especially knowing that most would be just as loud.

Anyway, I doubt a remap would be needed for a very minor difference is exhaust flow

Old 03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

I went by the VH and Rinehart booths at Bike Week. Neither had a Softail with a 2 into 1 (all bagger crap).

I talked to the Rinehart guy and he said they took manufacturing in-house 4 years ago. Drag originally had the contract that they subbed out to Bub. I had the first version of Rinehart true duals on my Road King and loved them.

I'm still debating between the VH and RH for my FBL.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:16 AM
13bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm also choosing between these 2 pipes....

Can anyone tell me if the Rinehart 2-1 is louder than the V&H pro pipe???

I like the look of the Rinehart,, but I don't want a stupidly loud pipe.

Thanks.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:45 AM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, take a look at the Rush site and their 2:1 pipes. These get over-looked with some of the other names, but I think they are the best looking 2:1s out there, and the performance and sound are very good.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Ranfrol
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did not have a pic of my bike, but here is my wife's bike with the new VH Pro pipe. We both love the sound and the looks.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:01 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Food for thought. I would also check out the PYTHON pipe because your putting out a pretty penny for one. I was never a 2 into 1 fan until I bought this bike and it had a Python on it. Its the only one I ever liked. I think I heard they were owned by another big name exhaust company's but not 100% sure on that. I have had people ask to buy it off of me but shes not for sale. I'm fixing to take it apart and get the head pipes ceramic coated, put it back together and and it sitting there ready to go back on at anytime, I like it that much. If I ever went to do anything that I wasn't sure about I would seek everyone's input and opinion, here from this forum.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:59 AM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by BigMike
I went by the VH and Rinehart booths at Bike Week. Neither had a Softail with a 2 into 1 (all bagger crap).

I talked to the Rinehart guy and he said they took manufacturing in-house 4 years ago. Drag originally had the contract that they subbed out to Bub. I had the first version of Rinehart true duals on my Road King and loved them.

I'm still debating between the VH and RH for my FBL.
What pipe did you end up choosing?

Old 03-25-2015, 02:32 PM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Big Radius 2-1 was my choice. I like the look for a Fatboy and it does sound good. Not stupid loud but not quiet either. Makes good power.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:22 PM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by mswing1234
The Big Radius 2-1 was my choice. I like the look for a Fatboy and it does sound good. Not stupid loud but not quiet either. Makes good power.
Does it scrape during hard cornering?

Quick Reply: 2 into 1's - V&H vs Rinehart