Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air cleaner and ECU tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 01:10 PM
janderson1964
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air cleaner and ECU tuner

I want to purchase a high flow air cleaner and tuner for my ECu. One that doesnt require a laptop. There are so many on the market. I want the maximum performing air cleaner since they are so pricey and a tuner that is easy to hook up (plug in) and user friendly.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:28 PM
smithrw
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tuner

Call Travis at Fuel Moto and he'll get you fixed up with a powervision tuner.
You won't be sorry

Old 03-20-2015, 01:48 PM
IrIeSpringer420
Tourer

fo sho call fuel moto, they have the best tech help and have deals if you buy the tuner and air cleaner together. buying my tuner from them was one of my best moves

Old 03-20-2015, 02:23 PM
janderson1964
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone raved about them on the tech page. That is what I am going to do.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:49 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by janderson1964
I want to purchase a high flow air cleaner and tuner for my ECu. One that doesnt require a laptop. There are so many on the market. I want the maximum performing air cleaner since they are so pricey and a tuner that is easy to hook up (plug in) and user friendly.

I would go with a Free Flowing Air Cleaner that vents externally like the Outlaw 587 or the 636v. These Air Cleaners do not allow the hot, oily and dirty air back in. Engines preform better with cool dry air and gas, not hot oily air and gas. As for the tuner Devin and Kevin(DK) use the Power Vision and are 100% satisfied. And you can't beat the lifetime technical support doubled. The Power Vision is delivered to you with a Custom Map, for Your Bike, already installed in it. You can plug it in, load the new tune into your bike, unplug it, and be riding with the New Tune in less than five minutes. Hope this helps

Before

After

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 03-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

I have a question along this same line. I hope I'm not hijacking, but it seems relevant.

I recently bought a 2006 Deluxe. It has a Power Commander already installed. I don't have the software, nor do I have a windows based laptop. I don't really wanna get one just for this sole purpose either.

So, the question is...Can the power commander be removed to have something like this power vision put in its place?

Old 03-20-2015, 03:01 PM
IrIeSpringer420
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
I have a question along this same line. I hope I'm not hijacking, but it seems relevant.

I recently bought a 2006 Deluxe. It has a Power Commander already installed. I don't have the software, nor do I have a windows based laptop. I don't really wanna get one just for this sole purpose either.

So, the question is...Can the power commander be removed to have something like this power vision put in its place?
YUP. power vision just let you tap into everything on the fly/ without a comp

Old 03-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Thanks Irie. Sounds like a good way to go. On DKs website, it says it can datalog. I'd assume it needs an 02 sensor to be able to do that?

Old 03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Mike. Yes you can just remove the power commander and replace it with the Powervision. However, you can also purchase the LCD display for the Power Commander but that retails at $250. I have the Power Vision, so I would go for that.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:15 PM
IrIeSpringer420
Tourer

Thanks Irie. Sounds like a good way to go. On DKs website, it says it can datalog. I'd assume it needs an 02 sensor to be able to do that?
data logs are just stored data you have, like maps and settings. it has 2GB of memory to keep maps in (really cool setup) you will need a comp to get maps and update but you will not use a comp much at all after setup. you dont have a comp at all

Last edited by IrIeSpringer420; 03-20-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Air cleaner and ECU tuner