Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying MS Batwing For FLSTFB. Advise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:28 PM
DocBarrantes
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying MS Batwing For FLSTFB. Advise?

Hello All,

Within the next couple of days, I will be buying a Batwing fairing for my 2013 Fat Boy Lo. Are there any do's and, or, don't's before buying? Also is it as easy as just buy it and put it on? Is there some sort of non-disclosed relocation required?

Thanks for the assistance.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:59 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought a Reckless Fairing for my Deluxe. Easy on and off in 5 minutes. I got the stereo with mine. If you do get one with tunes I would suggest you get an amp with it. You will appreciate that when you ride at higher speeds and like to hear your music. The black gelcoat will probably match black bikes so you can save money with no paint. These are a few who offer fairings. Look at each ones website and choose to your likings. I like my Reckless and would buy from them again.

Reckless

Woodys

Dragonfly

Hoppe

Old 03-24-2015, 04:03 PM
DocBarrantes
Intermediate

Thanks for the wisdom... I am looking at those right now, unfortunately I have to stick with the budget for this one and those can get up there.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:24 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Memphis Shades

No frills quality fairing. Search them here, many have one.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:09 PM
FBLGODRO
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need to relocate turn signals on the fork or have a look at another alternative I did here

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...l#post13638409

Old 03-24-2015, 07:50 PM
RomperStomper
Intermediate

I bought a MS fairing off Craigslist for 100 bucks, although I did have to buy the quick release mounting kit which cost more than what I paid for the fairing. The fairing was actually better than I thought it would be quality wise. Install is pretty straight forward. Just replace the four screws on the headlight nacelle with the new mounts. It takes maybe 20 minutes installing including adjusting it to look right. You will have to relocate the blinkers if you don't have a light bar. I think J&P sells a kit. Huge difference riding especially when it is cold and rainy. The only thing I did notice at high speeds (80-100) on the interstate letting off the gas the bikes front-end dips down a good bit. No big deal. I thought it was a great investment for the money.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:54 PM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Love the ms batwing. Also bought the hog tunes speaker for it. Bought it for long rides but never take it off now. Makes the ride more enjoyable. Cut front bar mounted signals and added led signal mirrors.

Buying MS Batwing For FLSTFB.  Advise?-image-3544192457.jpg

Old 03-24-2015, 07:58 PM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Originally Posted by JP-FLSTFB
Love the ms batwing. Also bought the hog tunes speaker for it. Bought it for long rides but never take it off now. Makes the ride more enjoyable. Cut front bar mounted signals and added led signal mirrors.
I will say that I hated it at first as I got the five inch tint windshield and the buffering was obnoxious. I ordered the 6.5 inch recurve and that the was the cats *** for me. It took some trial and error as it is adjustable fire and aft/ up and down. Once you find the sweet spot there's no turning back

Old 03-24-2015, 08:50 PM
DocBarrantes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RomperStomper
I bought a MS fairing off Craigslist for 100 bucks, although I did have to buy the quick release mounting kit which cost more than what I paid for the fairing. The fairing was actually better than I thought it would be quality wise. Install is pretty straight forward. Just replace the four screws on the headlight nacelle with the new mounts. It takes maybe 20 minutes installing including adjusting it to look right. You will have to relocate the blinkers if you don't have a light bar. I think J&P sells a kit. Huge difference riding especially when it is cold and rainy. The only thing I did notice at high speeds (80-100) on the interstate letting off the gas the bikes front-end dips down a good bit. No big deal. I thought it was a great investment for the money.
Great advise, thank you. I will look into the relocation kit.

Old 03-24-2015, 08:52 PM
DocBarrantes
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JP-FLSTFB
I will say that I hated it at first as I got the five inch tint windshield and the buffering was obnoxious. I ordered the 6.5 inch recurve and that the was the cats *** for me. It took some trial and error as it is adjustable fire and aft/ up and down. Once you find the sweet spot there's no turning back
For the hight of the spoiler fairing, I couldn't really find any info as to which one to buy if you are say 5'8" Is there a difference in your own hight vs that of the spoiler fairing?

Quick Reply: Buying MS Batwing For FLSTFB. Advise?