Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED lighting kits?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:13 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I have their all 3-in-1 LEDs in my stock turn signal housings. Excellent product! Great service, too...

Old 04-01-2015, 05:37 AM
painey
Road Warrior
Received 205 Likes on 103 Posts

I have CD all round on my RK, including taillight, in fact when my wife rides behind me she drops back as she says my lights are too bright!

Just updated my wifes Deluxe with CD turns and rear light, they do a tombstone version and with their lifetime gurantee its fit and forget

Old 04-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by 1004ron
For the tail light yes, but Custom Dynamics for turn signals.
Yup. That's my setup, which I'm very happy with. There's very few things that are as good as advertised, but BAL and Custom Dynamics live up to the hype.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:44 AM
JonnyVegas
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a 3 in 1 tailight truffles bar on my rear fender. I love it. Bright enough during the day and extra bright at night. Id recommend them all day long

Old 04-01-2015, 12:09 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I have the C.D. LED turns all around, plus I added an additional NightRiderz LED light bar under my rear fender used as a run/brake light, since the Slim didn't come with one.
Between the rear turns and brake light, my running lights are now far brighter than the stock incandescent brake lights were - and when I do hit the brakes it's like OMFG.

I'll never own another bike without doing this upgrade - these things WORK, at keeping tailgaters off your ***, plus they're impossible to miss provided drives are even mildly attentive.

Idiots on cell phones will still wreck ya though since, you know, they're morons.
So... you still gotta keep your head on a swivel, but the LED's do help, a LOT.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Beatz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just started researching these and have a question. I have the OEM standard bullet turn signals on the front and rear. If I add the rings to the front signals will the outer ring stay on as running lights? If so I am assuming the wiring harness they come with must some how open that power circuit for juice whenever the ignition is on. Also, do they add much significant light to your headlight when driving at night? Thanks much.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Ronder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any question-

09 Road King

I have the BAL taillight. If you put in the CD LEDs in the rear turn housings, can you get them to ----run-----brake( with the same flan pattern as the BAL) ----turn?

Thanks

Old 04-01-2015, 04:07 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Beatz
Just started researching these and have a question. I have the OEM standard bullet turn signals on the front and rear. If I add the rings to the front signals will the outer ring stay on as running lights? If so I am assuming the wiring harness they come with must some how open that power circuit for juice whenever the ignition is on. Also, do they add much significant light to your headlight when driving at night? Thanks much.
Your front turns should be dual filament already I think - they should be on low brightness as running lights now. I believe the CD inserts use the low filament circuit to run the outer ring as running lights (on the dynamic ringz and bullet ringz anyway) and the high brightness circuit when the turns are activated.

My '08 Deluxe was that way, anyway. I haven't ridden yet (just installed a couple weeks ago, roads finally got salt washed off a couple days ago) with them, so can't comment on additional light for seeing from them - my guess is they will not really help in that regard. Definite improvement for making you visible to other drivers though.