Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 01:39 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by FurryOne
I haven't heard squat from them. ...And that's after leaving information on their website's contact form AND calling them and leaving a message.
OK, I got a call today from TheForge, and sent them my drawing of what I wanted.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:54 AM
FurryOne
Road Master

OK, I've given up on "The Forge LLC". If they run their place like they run their communications, forget it!

I sent a request for quote in to Ginz Choppers. Let's see what they say.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:51 PM
FurryOne
Road Master

Ginz Choppers emailed me back before the end of the day (yesterday), and I called them today to hash out the details. I'm hoping to have the taller custom bar around the end of the month.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:29 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like Ginz is going to get you taken care of. Anxious to see the finished result.

Michael

Old 11-05-2015, 04:15 PM
FurryOne
Road Master

Well, my taller sissy bar from Ginz Choppers arrived today! I like it! I installed it in the original HD side plates, took a few pictures, and then went for a ride - Hey, it's 70 degrees here and it ain't gonna last! So here are pictures of the 24" sissy bar they fab'd for me...

Attached Thumbnails Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?-img_1161.jpg   Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?-img_1162.jpg   Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?-img_1163.jpg   Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?-img_1165.jpg   Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?-img_1164.jpg  

Last edited by FurryOne; 11-05-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Looks good! I might look into that, powder coated of course. I've got the HD now..your right to small!

Old 11-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Stone Cliff
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking have having them make a driver backrest/sissy bar. Would have to be detachable though. Any of you thought about that?

Old 11-06-2015, 10:27 PM
FurryOne
Road Master

Originally Posted by Stone Cliff
I was thinking have having them make a driver backrest/sissy bar. Would have to be detachable though. Any of you thought about that?
The easiest way would be to buy a custom seat that already has that option. Otherwise you'd be talking maybe close to 700 for a custom detachable frame. I thought about how to use the existing HD mounting points and how an adjustable (front to rear) driver backrest would mount and came up with an idea, but it would involve custom fab'd side plates and a custom backrest bar. That's a lot of fab'ing but it would work if someone wanted to work out the dimensions. Right now it's just a scribble on a Post-it pad.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Stone Cliff
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FurryOne
The easiest way would be to buy a custom seat that already has that option. Otherwise you'd be talking maybe close to 700 for a custom detachable frame. I thought about how to use the existing HD mounting points and how an adjustable (front to rear) driver backrest would mount and came up with an idea, but it would involve custom fab'd side plates and a custom backrest bar. That's a lot of fab'ing but it would work if someone wanted to work out the dimensions. Right now it's just a scribble on a Post-it pad.
Yep - That exactly what I was thinking... the only good option I see is the Corbin.. probably to two-up even though I would still be solo, but it looks like it has really good support. It's a lot of $$ though, but I bet the seat is really comfortable too. $750-$800 with backrest. I haven't heard any reviews with it yet.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:26 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Furry, the bike looks awesome! Stone cliff I had went to Corbin and bought the 2up with detachable rest in 2013. The wife is very happy with it. The seat feels like A bucket , as you sit "in" it. I was fortunate, as I actually road the bike to hollister and the wife and I were able to do a few test and shape fittings, with rides after each around the Corbin headquarters prior to covering it. Took around 3 to 4 hours to do the seat.

Quick Reply: Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?