Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?

I'm looking for any Company that makes a slip-in replacement taller Sissy-bar that fits the detachable HD bar mounts. The only one HD sells is too damned short for attaching anything to. If anyone knows of a Company that would make or bend one to fit, please let me know. I'm looking for the standard height you used to be able to get for HDs. Obviously the 240 tire on the Breakout requires a wider spacing. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2015, 12:44 AM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FurryOne
I'm looking for any Company that makes a slip-in replacement taller Sissy-bar that fits the detachable HD bar mounts. The only one HD sells is too damned short for attaching anything to. If anyone knows of a Company that would make or bend one to fit, please let me know. I'm looking for the standard height you used to be able to get for HDs. Obviously the 240 tire on the Breakout requires a wider spacing. Thanks!

Pm sent

Old 06-23-2015, 02:54 PM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Were you able to find what you were looking for? I too would like to find a sissy bar upright that's taller but fits the detachable side plates I already have. I know the general shape I want and hopefully can get it bent backwards a few inches to provide a bit more room. But it's hard enough to find any taller bars at all.

Michael

Old 06-23-2015, 06:30 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by mseymour3
Were you able to find what you were looking for? I too would like to find a sissy bar upright that's taller but fits the detachable side plates I already have. I know the general shape I want and hopefully can get it bent backwards a few inches to provide a bit more room. But it's hard enough to find any taller bars at all.
There's really nothing made out there to fit the detachable HD side plates except the HD low bar. I drew up what I wanted, but let it slide. It might be possible to take a tall bar for one of the other HDs and re-bend it for the BO, but you'd have to go out to 13" on centers to fit the side plates, and the bending would weaken the bar unless you tempered it again.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:08 AM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's really nothing made out there to fit the detachable HD side plates except the HD low bar. I drew up what I wanted, but let it slide. It might be possible to take a tall bar for one of the other HDs and re-bend it for the BO, but you'd have to go out to 13" on centers to fit the side plates, and the bending would weaken the bar unless you tempered it again.
There's another member who posted somewhere about stretching a tall fatboy upright to make it fit but I believe he used the one piece detachable instead of just the bar that fits the side plates. I'm checking around the area for a metal fab shop that can make me one instead. Should be able to get it taken care of more to my specifics without being too costly(I hope). Let me know if you find another option, though, because as you said there's not really many options for us yet.

Michael

Old 06-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Grinz Choppers for sissy bars, you'll have to use his hardware.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:12 AM
dusty2221
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 06-24-2015, 10:59 AM
thephatboy2003
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Grinz Choppers for sissy bars, you'll have to use his hardware.

It's actually GINZ, http://ginzchoppers.com/ ........on the other hand, Just an FYI, I did this and Love it. You may want to think about it too. I may have my original which was #5 bar (5/8") but the one I use is #6 (3/4")

Old 06-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

@ thephatboy2003...'Ginz' it is, my bad for the typo.
Interesting sissy bar you made, imagination is the first step to success.
Bet your **** I proof read this one lol

Old 06-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Jeff71
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...thread-90.html

Should be the fist post on the page by forum member harty. I used his info to do the same thing.

Quick Reply: Taller Sissy Bar upright for Breakout?