Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's been Two years since I "finished"...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 02:48 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,952 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Thank you on the comments of the paint. I spent a lot of time trying to get the exact colors and decals from my memories in elementary school of watching the bikes ride by on Westminster Blvd.

Re: Breather Bolts-

Up until a decade or so ago, everyone vented crankcase pressure (which is a hot, oily, oxygen depleted air) to the atmosphere.

Then the EPA stepped in and said MFG had to push it back into the engine to be "burned".

Unintended consequences are-

Less power
Less mpg
Carbon build up on pistons and valves (reduced engine life)

All HD's come stock with the crankcase vented into the engine, and most aftermarket air cleaners also vent back into the engine.

The Breather Bolts do NOT vent back into the engine, netting an increase in power, efficiency, and longer engine life.

For those that don't like/want Breather Bolts, there is also a line of Hose & Filter external breathers that keep the engine running strong and clean like the Breather Bolts.

See HERE

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-25-2015, 02:57 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

My Heritage: "I like riding it more now, then the day I brought it home" That is the definition of The Heritage.

Last edited by checkers; 04-25-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:06 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
As a recent entrant into the Softail arena, and forgive me for asking what might seem an obvious thing to most, but could someone enlighten me as the differences between a Heritage and a Deluxe please?

I have an '06 Deluxe, and other than some minor trim differences, they seems virtually identical.
Mike, another couple differences other then what has been mentioned: Deluxe gets Tombstone tailight and I think a narrow rear turn signal bar and different handlebars.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:42 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,952 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
My Heritage: "I like riding it more now, then the day I brought it home" That is the definition of The Heritage.
True that!

Originally Posted by checkers
Mike, another couple differences other then what has been mentioned: Deluxe gets Tombstone tailight and I think a narrow rear turn signal bar and different handlebars.
Yes, the Deluxe gets the narrower turn signal bar in back, along with the bullet turn signals, front & back, vs the big round ones.

I did change to the Deluxe turn signals in the back, and wish I had in the front...still something I "need" to get done.