Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Half moon boards on a deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 07:32 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Update on half moon boards

UPDATE: the half moon boards are on. They look good and actually absorb the foot buzz more than the stock boards as already mentioned. No more feet buzz except a tiny bit under a heavy throttle at low rpms. I shouldn't be lugging the motor like that anyway. They are 3/4" wider than stock and thats almost equivalent to extensions. I'm happy. Its a shame I just bought the pegs and brake pad in crested to match the stockers. They are close looking enough for me not to worry about it. What do you guys think.
[IMG]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-vbulletin/2000x1124/80-dsc01267_8db74bb01914b954bffa7eb0fefdc5450fac3797. jpg[/IMG

Old 05-23-2015, 08:06 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking Luxe cocky, not sure why your getting that much vibration on your foot boards, the Deluxe was designed to minimize vibration. I have had half moons on all my bikes I really like the look that's what should have come on the Deluxe from factory.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:37 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks santo, yes they should be on there from the start. MOCO making more $$$. Not sure about the buzz either, still hunting that down. My dealer says what I feel is normal for a softail. Maybe it is, but its hardly noticable with these boards.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:33 AM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Received 20,402 Likes on 7,991 Posts

LOve my Banana Boards.... no vibration.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:09 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Having both a rubber mounted 2015 touring A motor Road King and a 2014 B motor Softail DeLuxe I can tell you the B Motor softail definetly has more buzzing and vibration at speed than the Rubber mounted RK. I've often gotten off one and jumped on the other in the same day, it makes the difference obvious.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Having both a rubber mounted 2015 touring A motor Road King and a 2014 B motor Softail DeLuxe I can tell you the B Motor softail definetly has more buzzing and vibration at speed than the Rubber mounted RK. I've often gotten off one and jumped on the other in the same day, it makes the difference obvious.
I had both at the same time and I completely agree with you. My B motor buzzes at 75-80 a little bit. The worst part was my mirrors used to buzz out of focus at higher highway speeds which was a problem, but I replaced them with HD split visions that have a much beefier stalk and that pretty much solved my problem.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:54 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

Thx for the input guys. I also notice a difference from having a 04 fxdl for 10 yrs. All in all, I am much happier with the softail. I just noticed a difference in the boards, but now I am ok. I will live with what little is still there. Mirrors and bars are ok. I am pleasantly pleased with how much better they look and a little more room from side to side.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:45 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by cocky
Thx for the input guys. I also notice a difference from having a 04 fxdl for 10 yrs. All in all, I am much happier with the softail. I just noticed a difference in the boards, but now I am ok. I will live with what little is still there. Mirrors and bars are ok. I am pleasantly pleased with how much better they look and a little more room from side to side.
I just got back from the dealer and was looking at the Deluxe right next to the Fatboy Low (I guess, I didn't look at the tag). The half moons on the Fatboy looked much more proper on the Deluxe than the stock Deluxe boards. I think you made a great change.

I think the Deluxe is basically my Heritage Springer with a regular fork (we share the rear fender/taillight and you have better blinkers). I like the front fender tips and emblems on your Deluxe, I wonder if I could mod those to fit my Springer.....

Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree. They are similar bikes (old school types). The stock deluxe board reminds me of someones footprint. Sorta like the old footprint gas pedals back in the day. Never sat well with me. My dealer had a deluxe sitting next to a heritage and thats how I compared the two. If your dealer wont charge you a restocking fee, order the trim you want and then sit em on the fenders and see if they fit. If not, nuttin lost. I dont think the two front fenders are the same, but I could be wrong. The rear probably is the same.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Santo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread... Joe I saw recently saw a Springer with a Deluxe front fender mounted on it and let me tell you it looked amazing...they removed the fender mounting brackets off the Springer fender and mounted them on the Deluxe fender. The Heritage Springer and the Deluxe are my two favorite bikes I don't think HD will ever hit the nail on the head on design and style ever again like they did with these two bikes.

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I just got back from the dealer and was looking at the Deluxe right next to the Fatboy Low (I guess, I didn't look at the tag). The half moons on the Fatboy looked much more proper on the Deluxe than the stock Deluxe boards. I think you made a great change.

I think the Deluxe is basically my Heritage Springer with a regular fork (we share the rear fender/taillight and you have better blinkers). I like the front fender tips and emblems on your Deluxe, I wonder if I could mod those to fit my Springer.....

Quick Reply: Half moon boards on a deluxe