Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing fairing for 08 Heritage Softail

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 PM
NCRedKnight
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batwing fairing for 08 Heritage Softail

I have seen a lot of different posts, most of them much older, on different batwing fairings for heritage softails. Now many will say that I should have bought a Streetglide. I originally had that idea when shopping for my first Harley however after my back surgery comfort was a key issue. Softails ride better than Streetglides. All of that history aside, I am currently in the market for a batwing fairing with stereo and speakers for my 08 Heritage. I've looked at Reckless, Woodys, and Dragonfly just to name a few. I'm not trying to break the bank getting a fairing. I wanted to stay in the $1000 or less range. I'd like to get some feedback on what some of you have and get the pros/cons on what you have. Any help is appreciated.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:55 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a batwing on my Deluxe . its a Deadcentrecycles, quite expensive , but a quality item . If your heritage is black then it wont need painting .. the gelcoat is a real good finish ..... to be honest $1000 will limit you, try and up your limit , you'll get a lot more

Old 05-13-2015, 07:16 PM
NH Marcus
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have a Deluxe, and went with the Memphis Shade Batwing last year. No music, but trigger release brackets, windshield, and windshield bag, included, for $450... Wished I did it years ago!

Old 05-13-2015, 07:22 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Reckless. I do like it. Much better wind protection than the shield and having the tunes are fantastic. If you have decided to keep your bike for a while don't skimp on accessories. If you are into tunes on your bike get the amp with the stereo, it makes a huge difference. If you need paint to match get it painted. When you spend as much as we do on a motorcycle a few hundred dollars more than what you plan to spend for the long term enjoyment is worth it. Saying that the Reckless to me is a great value.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:34 PM
kona74
Cruiser

I bought a Woody's. It is very well made and Glenn will give you all the support you need. I put a Kenwood marine digital media receiver and Polk Audio speakers in it. I love it.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:16 PM
NCRedKnight
Stage IV
Default Thanks everyone

So after researching on a couple different forums, I have decided to go with the Reckless. I'm going to get just the fairing and put it together myself. I have a lot of experience in car audio so it shouldn't be to much of a stretch for me to wire this myself. Ill post some pics when Im done. Im hoping to have enough money left over so that I can get the fairing painted sooner rather than later. I may do a video of the installation. If I do I will post the link in this thread.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:19 PM
NCRedKnight
Stage IV

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you are right and an amp would be a great investment. Do you have any recommendations for an amp?

Old 05-25-2015, 04:25 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Rockford Fosgate Punch PBR300X4 for 4 speakers or the X2 for 2 speakers. I have the X4 and it provides plenty of power to hear your tunes clearly at highway speeds.

Check out the audio forum for some more ideas.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio.../?daysprune=14

Old 05-26-2015, 02:32 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Woody's Fairing..

Last edited by Sixgunjr; 05-26-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:42 PM
Lantz
Advanced

I have a Reckless Fairing, Bought it without their radio and put my own in, saved some cash that way

Attached Thumbnails Batwing fairing for 08 Heritage Softail-big3.jpg   Batwing fairing for 08 Heritage Softail-bike1.jpg   Batwing fairing for 08 Heritage Softail-big2.jpg   Batwing fairing for 08 Heritage Softail-big4.jpg  

Quick Reply: Batwing fairing for 08 Heritage Softail