Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar question - again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Julesx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebar question - again!

Apologies for the same question that has been asked so many times but having searched the threads I cannot find the answer I am looking for!

I have a 2009 Heritage. I did not like the bars that come as standard so someone advised that a cheap swap is to try a set of 1" bars from a Dyna Wide glide form the same year.

I purchased a second hand pair and fitted them to the stock Heritage risers. This was immediately better for me with a more relaxed arm position so all was good.

Like most of us, I am always searching for just the 'right' modification on my bike!

My thoughts turned to beach bars, etc.

I have used the searched function! But.....................

What I would like is a slightly lower arm and hand position when sitting on the bike. I want the bars a little closer to me so I can sit naturally. I like the width of the Dyna bars which are 31 inches.

My thoughts then turned to risers. A cheaper fix? I guess they would bring the bars back a few inches but would that not raise them slightly higher as well?

In the opinion of those who have gone down this route what do you think might work for me? Risers or new bars like maybe a narrow beach bar (don't want wide ones) or maybe a Wild 1 Road King bar?

Are risers just a bit of a poor substitute for the real thing and I should just spend the money on new bars?

I would appreciate your thoughts as living in the UK it gets expensive buying and importing from the US only to find out that I have a made a mistake.
Many thanks