General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A lot of new members asking questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 03:10 PM
72shovel92softail
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow really, I mean what the ####. New members asking questions a problem, or is it old inpatient members who asked the same dumb questions bitchin for no apparent reason other then just bitching GET REAL we are here to help each other I thought. I have rode for 40 years and I do not know it all. Maybe you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also older members that know how to use this site are familiar with it, newer members are not! Go figure.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-27-2015 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
No offense, I understand what you mean but try being in my shoes. I've been here over 10 years and imagine how many redundancies I've seen. I'll admit that sometimes I try to add something and sometimes I just say, "here we go again" and I just move on. Just for the heck of it and no offense again, I bet ya that your thoughts have been echoed many times before also.
It's all good brother, I didn't mean to stir a hornets nest. It seems some folks just need to let off steam. Damn shame they choose to do it in a forum...lol

Wasn't my intention to single anyone out...just sayin, search feature used correctly brings up a lot of info what folks have done with their scoots.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:20 PM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

To those of you that are complaining about redundant questions. Why not just skip over them and not take the time to chastise those that have ask.

Doesn't it take about the same amount of time to answer the question as it does hang the person posting?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:33 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
It's all good brother, I didn't mean to stir a hornets nest. It seems some folks just need to let off steam. Damn shame they choose to do it in a forum...lol

Wasn't my intention to single anyone out...just sayin, search feature used correctly brings up a lot of info what folks have done with their scoots.
No problemo, I've let off steam a few times myself.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:46 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
I don't mind giving input but if y'all would take time to use the search function first you would find most likely that question of yours has been answered several hundred times already. The Forum also has more than jus a few members that have stripped their bikes and modded them into a piece of artwork. The older members have done quite a bit and spent countless hours and imagination and their end product something to die for. It would well worth the effort to look at some of them if for nothing else other than incentive.

Patience, time, and imagination is what makes this forum work.
Lots of senior members ask repeat questions, as well. Just in the last week, how many senior members posted "news" about the HD Saddlebag recall? How many "technologically not-so-savy" (to put it politely) have to ask repeat questions on how cell phones work, and post about their trouble using the HD navigation? How many posts by "senior" (in age and forum experience) ask the same question about how to export their route from their computer to their bike, or how to copy mp3 files and use them on their bike?

It's the nature of Internet forums.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:44 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a question then ASK IT! If they don't blast you for not using the search feature then they'll probably blast you because they think it's a stupid question... you can't win either way! Some people spend way too much time on these forums and take them a little too seriously. Don't worry about them, there are still plenty of members who are more than happy to share their knowledge and enjoy a good discussion... even if it's nothing new!

Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 AM
StoneyFatBoy
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

You know that new people posting the same question over and over again is basically what keeps this forum going

Old 07-28-2015, 08:45 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts
Default A lot of new members asking questions

You know if everyone did a search and didn't ask questions this form would die

Old 07-28-2015, 08:53 AM
motoboy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoCoLoco
If you have a question then ASK IT! If they don't blast you for not using the search feature then they'll probably blast you because they think it's a stupid question... you can't win either way! Some people spend way too much time on these forums and take them a little too seriously. Don't worry about them, there are still plenty of members who are more than happy to share their knowledge and enjoy a good discussion... even if it's nothing new!
I think I love you man.... I am relatively new to this forum, but not new to forums. I've been around since the old AOL chat room days and have made great friends because of forums.

To me, this is the bar. The place where I can come in and pull up a chair/stool, have a beer and shoot the ****. Some of the discussions are good. Some, not so much. I try to engage on the one's that I like. Unfortunately, unlike a real bar, we have internet badasses. The guys that can take it, but not dish it. The guys that can't read sarcasm. The know it alls. You can call them out, but to no avail. There are PC mods to protect them. And by PC, I mean Politically Correct.

Well, they're all fun too. I like to watch them flex their muscles.

If ever I have a serious post/thread, I can usually count on getting the response I am looking for. The rest is just fun and games while killing time until I can get back out on the road.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

The search would work a lot better, if people would add tags. Soft02 was teasing me one time by adding funny tags, and that is how I learned of them.
Just hit edit tags to add 2 tags, separate by commas.

Many times, I will look for a thread, and have a hard time finding it. Then I will add a tag, to make it easier to find.

Quick Reply: A lot of new members asking questions