Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a louder horn.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,003 Likes on 2,817 Posts
Default Looking for a louder horn.

I know the Steibel is a nice looking set up as are the Wolo and the Mini Beast but does anyone have any suggestions for a direct replacemnt for the stock horn on my 1993 Heritage Classic?

These days I'm really no longer interested in removing gas tanks or running relays and such. I've been down that road with my choppers and just have no interest in disassembling and reassembling the Softail. What I'm looking for is a stock horn off, louder horn on and plug in the two wires dealio.
Anybody? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:15 AM
1harleyman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wolo does make one for the cow bell (360-560) at JP Cycles , much better that stock

Old 07-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

I highly recommend the Steibel air horn. Ear splitting loud. Fits right on the factory mount using the factory nut. All you have to do is run a relay which is easy, even easier if you buy a relay wiring harness from Amazon for a buck or so.

Here's my write up with video. Great safety item as people really hear you with this horn.

And it's super cheap.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-springer.html

Old 07-08-2015, 11:38 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I'm pretty sure Harley upgraded their own horns with the release of the rushmore bikes. So just buying a new 14-up stock replacement horn might be a huge improvement over that 20+ year old unit.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,003 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Well after reading a bunch of comparison tests and learning that Harley wants almost $50 for a new model stock replacement horn I decided to go with the FIAMM Freeway Blaster #72112. I scored one on Amazon for about $12 with shipping included and should have it on Thursday. No additional wires, no extra relay just straight plug and play. Oh happy day.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:49 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

The Fiam is about the same volumn as a stock horn. The mini beast/wolo/stebel are animals. They're simple to hook up even with a relay. basicly plug and play with a wire harness. No tank removal or loosening necessary.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:54 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Quite a few (including myself) have been running the Wolo Bad Boy air horn successfully without going to the trouble of wiring in a relay. While it's not that much louder than the horns on my cars (measured with a decibel meter), it has a much more attention getting sound.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:08 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Quite a few (including myself) have been running the Wolo Bad Boy air horn successfully without going to the trouble of wiring in a relay. While it's not that much louder than the horns on my cars (measured with a decibel meter), it has a much more attention getting sound.
If it's not much louder then your car horn put in a relay! I have mini beast on 2 bikes and they are much louder then car horns.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
If it's not much louder then your car horn put in a relay! I have mini beast on 2 bikes and they are much louder then car horns.
I tried jumping it with much heavier wires, and it was about the same.
As I mentioned, it's a much more attention-getting sound (seems louder), but measured about the same with a decibel meter.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:03 AM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I highly recommend the Steibel air horn. Ear splitting loud. Fits right on the factory mount using the factory nut. All you have to do is run a relay which is easy, even easier if you buy a relay wiring harness from Amazon for a buck or so.

Here's my write up with video. Great safety item as people really hear you with this horn.

And it's super cheap.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-springer.html
so your horn is under the black shield.. what about the steibel nautilus?..
it is rated much louder
the harness is like 20$
im not sure what im looking at how to mount the thing.

Quick Reply: Looking for a louder horn.