Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding the Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven725
Right now its a toss up between the HHI, Accutronix and Pro-One tress with a rake. I don't think I could really go wrong with any of them. Still just would like to research all of them just a little.

I hope to get the BDL on here in the next few days and ill post pictures up as soon as I can. I looked online and found that the one I wanted ran about 2250. After a lot of looking I found a company on amazon that had the one I wanted for 2000 (cheapest I could find it online). I showed my Harley dealership and they priced matched it right there on the spot without question. I hope this helps you out and persuades you into buying one.
Aaahh, I see what you tried to do there hahaha!! Trying to spend my money for me huh lol. We are good at doing that for each other in this place.

Thanks for the info, I never really look on Amazon when I'm pricing parts, need to start doing that.
$2k is about as cheap as I've seen them so sounds like you made out really well.

I'll tell you what, I'm dead set on getting me a Challenger Hellcat, unless Chevy gets off their *** and brings back the Chevelle with some major muscle behind it. The lease on my F150 is over next month. I will have no car payments for the next year and a half and I'm gonna use all that time to save money for the down payment.
If it wasn't for that I would have an open belt drive on my ride already, namely Exile's set up. I've been soooo close on three different occasion but every time I go to click on the checkout button on the website I think about the Hellcat and I chicken out on the belt drive lolol.

I'm excited to see it go on your bike and hear about the install. You doing it yerself?

Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Steven725
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Aaahh, I see what you tried to do there hahaha!! Trying to spend my money for me huh lol. We are good at doing that for each other in this place.

Thanks for the info, I never really look on Amazon when I'm pricing parts, need to start doing that.
$2k is about as cheap as I've seen them so sounds like you made out really well.

I'll tell you what, I'm dead set on getting me a Challenger Hellcat, unless Chevy gets off their *** and brings back the Chevelle with some major muscle behind it. The lease on my F150 is over next month. I will have no car payments for the next year and a half and I'm gonna use all that time to save money for the down payment.
If it wasn't for that I would have an open belt drive on my ride already, namely Exile's set up. I've been soooo close on three different occasion but every time I go to click on the checkout button on the website I think about the Hellcat and I chicken out on the belt drive lolol.

I'm excited to see it go on your bike and hear about the install. You doing it yerself?
Haha just helping you spend your money is all. Ink is has been helping me spend all of mine so I thought I'd just return the favor to another sucker haha.

A lot of the time Amazon has the best pricing and my Harley dealership price matches and I get points and turn my points into free cash, its a win win for me. BDL has other drives also that are less expensive so you can have your belt drive and the hellcat. And if its not in your budget did what I do and get rid of the wife that saved me tons to spend on the Train. I trust you'll make the right decision haha

I'm doing all the work myself mainly because I'm a cheap *** and don't want to pay someone what I can do. Plus, I want to be able to say I built this bike.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:26 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

HHI are the cleanest looking of the 3. I have used accuttonix and despite how cheap that are, they stil turned out to be very nice. Though keep in mind if you were serious are the AS air piston kit, the HHI don't use fork caps the the piston kit comes with, you'd have to get a machinest to tap a hole in with seats for ano-ring on the inside of your fotks just under the top tree for the airline. Itd be super neat this way and I've seen it done before. Either way, air in the front would be cool

Old 07-17-2015, 07:32 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,772 Likes on 2,112 Posts

When I had Tricky Airs springer on my Train I mounted the pump in the tool bag I run on the front downtubes at the bottom. A riding buddy of mine has Arnies air set up on his Glide and it rides pretty sweet. HHI hidden top tree is a clean look.Run one on my Sportster.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You're doing the work yerself for the same exact reasons I do my own work hahaha.

And I got a keeper for an ol'lady. her parents were drag racers. she's the one pushing for me to get the Hellcat lolol.

Haha just helping you spend your money is all. Ink is has been helping me spend all of mine so I thought I'd just return the favor to another sucker haha.

A lot of the time Amazon has the best pricing and my Harley dealership price matches and I get points and turn my points into free cash, its a win win for me. BDL has other drives also that are less expensive so you can have your belt drive and the hellcat. And if its not in your budget did what I do and get rid of the wife that saved me tons to spend on the Train. I trust you'll make the right decision haha

I'm doing all the work myself mainly because I'm a cheap *** and don't want to pay someone what I can do. Plus, I want to be able to say I built this bike.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ink83
HHI are the cleanest looking of the 3. I have used accuttonix and despite how cheap that are, they stil turned out to be very nice. Though keep in mind if you were serious are the AS air piston kit, the HHI don't use fork caps the the piston kit comes with, you'd have to get a machinest to tap a hole in with seats for ano-ring on the inside of your fotks just under the top tree for the airline. Itd be super neat this way and I've seen it done before. Either way, air in the front would be cool
Really you felt the accutonix were cheap? Thanks for letting me know, I'm going to stay away from them if that's the case.

I looked more into the AS air ride and spoke a little with someone who worked there and it seems like it can be done. So I'll see where I stand with my budged after I pay for paint and trees. Have you ever seen or know anyone that had DLC coated for tubes? I kind if thought about doing it to black out the forks but don't know how well it holds up.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by back again
When I had Tricky Airs springer on my Train I mounted the pump in the tool bag I run on the front downtubes at the bottom. A riding buddy of mine has Arnies air set up on his Glide and it rides pretty sweet. HHI hidden top tree is a clean look.Run one on my Sportster.
How difficult was it to hook up everything? Do you have any pictures by chance? Curious to see how the compressor looked.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by Alain
You're doing the work yerself for the same exact reasons I do my own work hahaha.

And I got a keeper for an ol'lady. her parents were drag racers. she's the one pushing for me to get the Hellcat lolol.
A wife that encourages you to get a bad *** car like that sounds like a keeper to me!

Old 07-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Really you felt the accutonix were cheap? Thanks for letting me know, I'm going to stay away from them if that's the case.

I looked more into the AS air ride and spoke a little with someone who worked there and it seems like it can be done. So I'll see where I stand with my budged after I pay for paint and trees. Have you ever seen or know anyone that had DLC coated for tubes? I kind if thought about doing it to black out the forks but don't know how well it holds up.
No I meant the accuttonix trees were cheap as in the price. The DLC tubes is supposed to be the strongest coating around so id imagine its last a very long time. They have less friction properties which is another reason why they're often used in high performance applications. So awesome idea if you got the cash. Pretty sure in US dollars they usually cost two tubes for some where around $700-$1000 last time I checked.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ink83
No I meant the accuttonix trees were cheap as in the price. The DLC tubes is supposed to be the strongest coating around so id imagine its last a very long time. They have less friction properties which is another reason why they're often used in high performance applications. So awesome idea if you got the cash. Pretty sure in US dollars they usually cost two tubes for some where around $700-$1000 last time I checked.

Oh ok I thought you meant they were cheap quality wise. I haven't seen the DLC on any Harley's. I just think it looks really cool and a nice way to black out my front end. I found a company who said they would coat my forks for $525 so I think I'm going to fork out the cash and get it done.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding the Night Train