Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding the Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Steven725
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Well got the tins back from pinstriping and I must say I'm a little upset of the outcome. Not that it looks bad or anything but the striping on the fender was suppose to be half that size and the striping on the tank was not suppose to be there. The tank was suppose to have something small under the logo. They did that hoping I'd like it. Like I said it doesn't look bad at all but it's not what I asked for and flames are absolutely NOT my thing!! I didn't even take my tins home or pay for anythingbecause I was upset. Not sure whats going to happen with paint now.

Attached Thumbnails Rebuilding the Night Train-20150730_093200.jpg  
Old 07-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Easy solution dude. Have them re do the job. I had my rear fender re sprayed 4 times cause they couldn't get it right, the clear coat had left run marks on the edges of the fender.

They didn't do it for free so you shouldn't feel bad about having them re do it. This time make sure you explain to them exactly how you want it done. And tell them not to get creative.

Sucks cause it will set you back on your time frame.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:24 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

They most certainly did a good job, but if it's not what was requested, then the quality of the job doesn't make it right.

If they're a stand-up company they'll accept that and correct it.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by Alain
Easy solution dude. Have them re do the job. I had my rear fender re sprayed 4 times cause they couldn't get it right, the clear coat had left run marks on the edges of the fender.

They didn't do it for free so you shouldn't feel bad about having them re do it. This time make sure you explain to them exactly how you want it done. And tell them not to get creative.

Sucks cause it will set you back on your time frame.
I mean it's a fabulous job but its not what I wanted and that's what's really bugging me. You're right it needs to be redone to what I wanted and what we agreed upon. It is going to set me back on getting it back together but I guess it is what it is there's nothing I can do about it now. I'm just really upset that they compromised the tank when they should have just drawn something up and sent me a picture before doing it in hopes I'd like it.

Last edited by Steven725; 07-30-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

They probably get away with doing what they like most of the time. It's a nice job, but if I pay some one my hard earned cash for something I've specifically asked for, I want exactly that. You're not paying them to experiment or do what they like.

Get it changed or it'll always bug you

Old 07-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Steven725
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ink83
They probably get away with doing what they like most of the time. It's a nice job, but if I pay some one my hard earned cash for something I've specifically asked for, I want exactly that. You're not paying them to experiment or do what they like.

Get it changed or it'll always bug you
You are right it will always bug me. They might have thought it was cool and better then my idea but its not their bike, it's mine. Not everyone likes the same thing and that's perfectly fine. I could careless if they don't like my idea they're not the ones who owns the bike. I'm going to talk to them tomorrow and see what they say.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:50 AM
Katienadine
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stick to your guns man. It certainly looks cool, however it could definitely be less and if it's not what you want then they should have to re do it. It's not like it's a tattoo, it can be redone.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Steven725
Tourer

Well after a long talk with the painter, they are going to do the right thing and re paint it the way I intend. Should be done by Monday so I can start putting it back together.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Steven725
Tourer

Well after a long talk with the painter, they are going to do the right thing and re paint it they way I intend. Should be done by Monday so I can start putting it back together.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear man!!! I can't wait to see it go back together

Quick Reply: Rebuilding the Night Train