Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for you springer guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 11:10 PM
8ntsane
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default question for you springer guys

Hey guys

Im looking at the springer front fender in pics. I really like the shape of these fenders compared to the one on my heritage has now. I know it would need mounts made up to bolt up to a non-springer FLSTC front end.

My question is, would anyone mind measureing the width of the springer fender for me? And if possible let me know what yr yours is ?

I just think that the springer front fender is a really nice looking piece , and if at all possible, I would go through the trouble to fit one up on my ride. Providing its not too wide.

Thanks

Old 07-20-2015, 05:41 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks to be about 4.75" between fender mount holes (1998).

Old 07-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Are you talking the FL (16") springer or the FX (21") springer?

I'm guessing FL. You'd have to cut off the springer mounts which mount the fender to the axle and fab up mounts to your forks from scratch. But not a bad job if you are a good fab man.

One thing I dislike about my springer fender. Notice it doesn't follow the arc of the tire, see it on my sidewall. HD could have made it follow the arc easily enough but they didn't. If you fab one up make yours match!

You can grab springer tins on Craigslist all the time. Would love to see some pics if you do this.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:47 PM
8ntsane
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replys guys.

Joe , Yes it would be the FLSTS Im looking to mount up. Rockinrick was kind enough to measure his, but his must be a FXSTS for that given measurement. Mounting it up should be fairly easy for me. the main concern was/is how wide the FL springer fender is. Joe, if yours is the FL, running a 16 inch rim, 130 tire could you measure how wide it is?

I have noticed is pics ive found on google that the fender doesn't follow the arc exactly.
I just figured it had something to do with how it was attached to the springer front end.
The sheet metal arc is some what different, but I figure that I should be able to position the springer fender to get the look Im after.

Im in the process of doing my stretched rear fender now, and the more I look at my bike, the more I dislike the FLSTC front fender. Its weird how one change leads to the next change. After installing my true duals, the stock rear fender looked way to short.
Now its at the stage I can do the final welding, that front fender needs to be changed out. Anyway, that where Im at with it.