Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want new pegs, shifter peg and passenger peg.....will these work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:35 AM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Want new pegs, shifter peg and passenger peg.....will these work?

Well these performance machine pegs work on my Breakout? Mt passenger pegs don't stay in place and fall down when I ride, will these be tighter than the oem pegs? Do they make a "passenger peg"?

Has anybody used these with success and pics?

Here is a link to what I am referring to:
Amazon.com: PERFORMANCE MACHINE FOOT PEG CONTOUR BLK 0035-0083-B: Automotive Amazon.com: PERFORMANCE MACHINE FOOT PEG CONTOUR BLK 0035-0083-B: Automotive

Old 08-02-2015, 02:11 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Hard to say if it would fit for sure. But if it fits the front, it'll fit the back. The stock passenger peg is a bit different than the front, but only on the stock. Any other Harley sets don't have passenger specific pegs.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Valdemar
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

If you want solve the problem with the passenger pegs dont stay in place and fall down when you ride..., it´s very easy.

Dismount the pegs, and see the photo:
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....S%20ASSEMBLIES

Dismount the rear pegs,you must take the piece number 23 (it´s a retainer for pegs), and forcing the piece with pliers, you will generate a piece more ovaled, and this piece will do strong into the peg and dont fall when the peg is up.

(sorry for my bad english)

Old 08-02-2015, 06:43 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Nice chrome or polish stainless bolts with nuts. Works every time. By the way, HD wants $4.00 per clip where J&P has them for a buck. Problem with that is shipping cost more than the clips. I have used a 3/ 8" stainless washer and bent it like the clip. It worked just fine.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:34 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Valdemar
If you want solve the problem with the passenger pegs dont stay in place and fall down when you ride..., it´s very easy.

Dismount the pegs, and see the photo:
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....S%20ASSEMBLIES

Dismount the rear pegs,you must take the piece number 23 (it´s a retainer for pegs), and forcing the piece with pliers, you will generate a piece more ovaled, and this piece will do strong into the peg and dont fall when the peg is up.

(sorry for my bad english)
Thanks

Old 08-02-2015, 02:36 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by matte
Hard to say if it would fit for sure. But if it fits the front, it'll fit the back. The stock passenger peg is a bit different than the front, but only on the stock. Any other Harley sets don't have passenger specific pegs.
The stock on the OEM pegs for the rider are offset so I imagine if they new pegs are dead straight instead of being offset they'd be about 3/4" inch high off he ground, which is good, no more foot and leg dragging.

I'll buy them and report back.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by sincitychoppa; 08-02-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:45 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Want new pegs, shifter peg and passenger peg.....will these work?

It's says at the bottom of the link that they fit stk harley clevis and if ur passenger pegs fall just tighten them up more

Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by chrome-dome-dave
It's says at the bottom of the link that they fit stk harley clevis and if ur passenger pegs fall just tighten them up more
There is nothing to tighten. The only thing you can do is bend the washer/spacer a bit to make the fit tighter. Kind of a jerry rig, but he only way I see that'll work.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by sincitychoppa
There is nothing to tighten. The only thing you can do is bend the washer/spacer a bit to make the fit tighter. Kind of a jerry rig, but he only way I see that'll work.
that is not a "jerry rig" fix if you are just snugging up the piece that is supposed to do the very job that you are complaining about. if you want to buy new stuff, that's fine but you can solve your problem for free with a simple adjustment to the part that is made to do that job.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:38 AM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jersey Drew
that is not a "jerry rig" fix if you are just snugging up the piece that is supposed to do the very job that you are complaining about. if you want to buy new stuff, that's fine but you can solve your problem for free with a simple adjustment to the part that is made to do that job.
Well normally if you have to bend and tweak to get something to work, that is "jerry rigging". If it works right without having to tweak it, that is normal. However Harley makes their stuff loose, so jerry rigging is necessary to get it to work right. Just calling it like I see it.

Quick Reply: Want new pegs, shifter peg and passenger peg.....will these work?