Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 deluxe over heating

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 11:11 AM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 07 deluxe over heating

My 07 deluxe has beenacting up for a while and is really starting to **** me off. If I'm riding hard or in stop and go traffic she wants to die out while I'm down shifting. I have to keep the rpms up so she won't cut out and stall. If it stalls out, she will start right back up but continue doing the same thing.
Was on a poker run yesterday and had to bow out 1/2 way thru sure to this issue.
My dealer has told me in the past when I asked about this issue that it could have an exhaust that is only leaking when the gasket heats up after hard riding. I'm not very impressed with this diagnosis. I've got true duals ands don't relish the thought of pulling my exhaust to check this out. A guy at the poker run yesterday told me is probably the regulator over heating.
Anybody have this issue? Does this sounds like a regulator? Don't seem to have any charging issues but occasionally if my bike is hot my turn signals aND horn won't work unless I shut the bike off abs then turn it back on again. I figure that is probably a bad ignition switch.
Any ideas guys?

Old 08-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Oldgreazer
Tourer
Received 175 Likes on 62 Posts

I got an 07 Heritage .... Did same thing . I was told it was IAC or TPS . I replaced both seems to have solved the problem so far.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:20 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm not always dumb on here but I have no idea what iac or tps is. Can u help a girll out?

Old 08-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Oldgreazer
Tourer

Idle air control & throttle. Position sensor . iac on top of throttle body TPS on left side . Got mine fromJp cycle , about 40 bucks each. Maybe this will help.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:22 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Oldgreazer, thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can find where these are located and give it a shot!

Old 08-02-2015, 07:34 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Had the same problem last year. Idle Air Control valve was faulty. What allowed me to find the problem was a statement in the Electrical Diagnostic Manual that the IAC reset itself each time the ignition is switched off then back on.

The IAC is an inexpensive item. Replace it and clean the interior of the throttle body. Note: Do not use Brake Cleaner or Carb Cleaner to clean the throttle body. Both chemicals can damage the MAP sensor.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Oldgreazer
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLYSBY
Oldgreazer, thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can find where these are located and give it a shot!
The iac is little aggravating to get to but not impossible ; good luck

Old 08-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I had the same thing happened to me on my 07 electric glide. I'm not mechanically inclined so forgive me for the description but there is a fuel mixture issue and I forget what they called it but they replaced it they said there was a small crack in the plastic. After it was replaced absolutely no problems. I know someone will read this and certainly help with the technical name for it hope this helps a little bit

Old 08-02-2015, 07:57 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Now that the iac has been brought up I did a bit of research and heavy thinking. I also have some random high idling issue too that I forgot all about sp it sounds like the iac is the place you start. Is there a way to know if it's bad or if it's dirty? I can honestly say I've never thought to clean it at all.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 PM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 337 Likes on 217 Posts

Quick Reply: 07 deluxe over heating