Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Deluxe vs Heritage MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 06:28 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts
Default 2016 Deluxe vs Heritage MSRP

I see a few changes on each with fly by wire being probably the biggest change, but can anyone speculate why the heritage with bags, sissybar, windshield, fat pillion, and a way cooler tank badge cost $1200 less than the Deluxe? Is there gold piston rings in there?

Old 08-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 160 Likes on 126 Posts

The word "deluxe" demands a higher price alone.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Good question and why is the starting price of the heritage a grand less from what it was last year. That alone would give me pause in purchasing a new heritage especially with all the recalls to the Rushmore tourers. I'm glad I have what I have and I won't be in the market for a new Harley for awhile unless they bring back the Springers of course.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:20 PM
swifty
Tourer
Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Fatboy and slim are a grand lower also.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The lower price, I would guess, reflects a lower demand for last year's 15s. I could be wrong though.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:00 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
Good question and why is the starting price of the heritage a grand less from what it was last year. That alone would give me pause in purchasing a new heritage especially with all the recalls to the Rushmore tourers. I'm glad I have what I have and I won't be in the market for a new Harley for awhile unless they bring back the Springers of course.
You would possibly not buy a motorcycle you wanted because it's cheaper this year than last year and because of recalls on a completely different motorcycle? Not understanding the logic behind dome of these 2016 threads. I read one earlier and the guy is actually complaining because the price went down.

And the Deluxe demands a higher price because it's a better plain and simple

Old 08-24-2015, 10:30 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jgos929
You would possibly not buy a motorcycle you wanted because it's cheaper this year than last year and because of recalls on a completely different motorcycle? Not understanding the logic behind dome of these 2016 threads. I read one earlier and the guy is actually complaining because the price went down.

And the Deluxe demands a higher price because it's a better plain and simple
So the deluxe is 1200 dollars better starting in 2016? What kind of logic is that? I'm not complaining I'm simply stating facts. I posted a link to where Harley said they would not discount any models to compete with the Japanese discounting their motorcycles by up to 25% because of the stronger U.S. Dollar. They said it would hurt profits, I quote. Every other assumption isn't based on anything Harley has done or said in the past. I have no vested interests in Harley so I don't care who buys what.

I am simply speaking from a hard working middle class American perspective that Harley stated they would not discount their motorcycles so I conclude a lower price equals lower quality because Harley stated they wanted to increase profits and that is why they wouldn't discount their motorcycles. If anyone has any other factual information I would love to hear it otherwise I am going to go on what Harley officially said.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior

Harley stated they would not discount their motorcycles so I conclude a lower price equals lower quality because Harley stated they wanted to increase profits and that is why they wouldn't discount their motorcycles. If anyone has any other factual information I would love to hear it otherwise I am going to go on what Harley officially said.
I couldn't find that from a quick Google search, but that doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere.

If that's word for word, that doesn't mean they won't discount due to Indian and Victory. As a general rule, corporate speak should never be taken entirely at face value.

Also, in 2014, the softail got a pretty big price spike for no apparent reason.

Since they included ABS standard in the softail (I think) and they dropped the price which would indicate soft sales in the softail.

Another idea is the new CEO is an Engineer with a lot of tenure. Perhaps he thought the 14s were over priced in the softail line.

Either way, I don't think they would intentionally drop quality to lower price, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Also, I have no idea why the Nostalgia is $1200 more. Seems to me the Nostalgia should be cheaper.

Finally, I think the optimal price point for softails should be closer to $15K than $20K.

Last edited by Clubber; 08-24-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Clubber
I couldn't find that from a quick Google search, but that doesn't mean it's not in there somewhere.

If that's word for word, that doesn't mean they won't discount due to Indian and Victory. As a general rule, corporate speak should never be taken entirely at face value.

Also, in 2014, the softail got a pretty big price spike for no apparent reason.

Since they included ABS standard in the softail (I think) and they dropped the price which would indicate soft sales in the softail.

Another idea is the new CEO is an Engineer with a lot of tenure. Perhaps he thought the 14s were over priced in the softail line.

Either way, I don't think they would intentionally drop quality to lower price, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Also, I have no idea why the Nostalgia is $1200 more. Seems to me the Nostalgia should be cheaper.

Finally, I think the optimal price point for softails should be closer to $15K than $20K.
Here you go. I know half dozen more articles just like it. Like I said I am simply going off of what Harley officially said numerous times in multiple articles like the one below.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-at-...nt-edge-2015-4

Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior

Here you go. I know half dozen more articles just like it. Like I said I am simply going off of what Harley officially said numerous times in multiple articles like the one below.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-at-...nt-edge-2015-4
Originally Posted by Da Article
Harley says it will not compete on price to protect its brand, a declaration welcomed by industry analysts.
Interesting. I suppose that they are experimenting with the softail line since it's softer than touring, and keeping their strongest line (touring) at the same price points.

The S models probably reinforce that by bringing attention to their softail line as well as selling their new 110 bolt on kit.

Their softail line was already soft compared to touring, and probably got worse after the 2014 price spikes.

By dropping the price and making ABS standard, they seem to be really pushing the softail. Interestingly, the Slim is the only softail that does not have ABS standard and it starts at $15K. (the lowest priced softail)

Quick Reply: 2016 Deluxe vs Heritage MSRP