Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S-Series - Home Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:24 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Well the S is my fifth Harley over the years & I have to say it's by far the best I've ridden, maybe it just fits my riding style ? & once the motor is broken in its just going to get better, very pleased with my purchase & a big 👍👍 to Harley for bringing out the S models.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:58 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Sticks24
Who is going to be the first one to address all the chrome bolts everywhere. Front fender, rear fender, front forks, exhaust to mention a bunch.
I do not mind a little bit of chrome here and there...but yes, those bolts need to be painted black asap! I will do that towards the end of the week... Right now I need to pull off the stuff from my 48 to take it to the dealer on Tuesday.

My Slim S is getting the Fat Bob wheels I just installed on the 48....

Old 10-05-2015, 07:10 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
Well the S is my fifth Harley over the years & I have to say it's by far the best I've ridden, maybe it just fits my riding style ? & once the motor is broken in its just going to get better, very pleased with my purchase & a big 👍👍 to Harley for bringing out the S models.

I have to agree.

I'm not ready to say it's the riding style. Although I have no complaints about the style, I've always preferred a sporty style bike with wide flat bars. It's hard to imagine that the Slim's low, feet semi-forward, floorboards, and low-sloped bars has been my style all along. At the same time, I can't believe how perfectly I fit right into the bike. Other than the spring seat raising me up a couple inches and removing the rear portion of the shifter, I haven't had any thoughts of risers, bar changes or other fit mods. I will admit that the ABS and general awesomeness of the brakes gives me a comfort level that reduces stress about the wide flat bars that I usually use.

I wonder if HD knows how good this bike is and how little people will spend on mods. I'm sure part of the idea behind the S series was to compete against the big-torque motors from Indian and Victory, but the bike ended up as a complete package.

Originally Posted by wachuko
I do not mind a little bit of chrome here and there...but yes, those bolts need to be painted black asap! I will do that towards the end of the week... Right now I need to pull off the stuff from my 48 to take it to the dealer on Tuesday.

My Slim S is getting the Fat Bob wheels I just installed on the 48....

The Fatbob wheels will look cool. I'm trying to remember your Sportster pictures. Are the wheels black?

Old 10-05-2015, 07:50 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by SLV
The Fatbob wheels will look cool. I'm trying to remember your Sportster pictures. Are the wheels black?
Yes.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:07 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I agree there won't be too many mods, of course pipes or slipons, engine guard, highway pegs, grips, pegs, detachable windshields or luggage racks, if the Slim's seats are anything like the Fattie's seat then obviously seats.

Though my dealer did say that one (idiot) guy was planning to chrome out his Slim S. What a travesty. Bet the dealer doesn't mind that though.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:21 AM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by wachuko
I do not mind a little bit of chrome here and
I agree.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:19 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by uklauren
I agree there won't be too many mods, of course pipes or slipons, engine guard, highway pegs, grips, pegs, detachable windshields or luggage racks, if the Slim's seats are anything like the Fattie's seat then obviously seats.

Though my dealer did say that one (idiot) guy was planning to chrome out his Slim S. What a travesty. Bet the dealer doesn't mind that though.

Different from the other bikes I had... I do not see doing many changes to this one... yeah, sure, the wheels, but only because I have them. But the other mods I have are just upgrading the foot controls/shift linkage that came with it...where HD did well in every other area, it left those controls with the stock stuff...

Bike looks great as is... and with the 110 engine (riding it back from the dealer) it pulls like a train!

Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm looking to make an air cleaner cover. This is the first idea, but I think I want more detail.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:44 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

They're forecasting good weather tomorrow so when i got home from work I fitted the Rush slip ons & loaded the tune from Fuel Moto (very easy thing to do) ! So if they're right i'll be riding it to working in the morning, glad i got the smaller baffles as they are loud & wouldn't want it any louder.

Will post up a video of the bike running tomorrow.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:53 PM
goblue90
Road Master
Received 334 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
They're forecasting good weather tomorrow so when i got home from work I fitted the Rush slip ons & loaded the tune from Fuel Moto (very easy thing to do) ! So if they're right i'll be riding it to working in the morning, glad i got the smaller baffles as they are loud & wouldn't want it any louder.

Will post up a video of the bike running tomorrow.
Looking forward to the video. After coming from a Sportster 48 with a really loud exhaust, I'm looking to keep things more on the quiet side.

Quick Reply: S-Series - Home Base