Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:32 AM
smokyheritage
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide

Hello, Thought I would post some pics of my latest purchase which is the large size Leather Pros TB3950 Studded Hard Trunk. I got this in the mail a few days ago and installed it along with a J&P Cycles 19 7/8" Lowboy Sissy Bar and Mustang studded backrest.

Please excuse my garage cleanup in process. It's raining so much today I couldn't get outside for pics. I've been wanting to pull the trigger on a Leather Pros hard trunk for a while. This trunk is really nice to say the least. The build quality looks second to none plus with a 5 year warranty, it would be hard to do any better.

I'm just looking for some honest opinions. I know some of you hate to even think about running saddlebags, let alone a trunk bag. I kind of like to be able to haul things on occasions. This would be big enough for grocery store runs to you name it. My wife usually carries a pretty good size purse so, that would be inviting although she doesn't ride with me that much any more. Heritage bags seem small to me compared to my recent metric cruiser bags.

I've got mixed thoughts on what to do. I've thought of keeping this one and also purchasing the smaller sized one. Or sending this one back and getting the smaller one. Or just going with it as is. I do want to be able to leave one on all the time. So what is your opinion? Would you hate to use a trunk this big for every day use? Get the smaller one? Just wondering what my fellow HD brothers think on the subject. Sorry for the lengthy post.

Attached Thumbnails Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide-015.jpg   Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide-002.jpg   Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide-003.jpg   Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide-004.jpg   Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide-005.jpg  

Last edited by smokyheritage; 10-03-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Ray on the drums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 512 Posts

Call me silly but I like it!

Old 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

I like it. Do you have a product link? It seems perfectly reasonable for everyday use. Or keep that one for trips and a smaller one for everyday.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:58 AM
smokyheritage
Cruiser

Here is the link to Leather Pros website for their hard trunks http://leatherpros.com/website1_007.htm

I know that a lot of studs on bags are not a popular as they once were. If I were to get a second smaller bag, I thought of getting the TB 2610 which is a plain style with just a studded valance. Especially since my 03 Heritage is already plentiful with studs.

This thing is nice and mounts really good and snug and could be removed or installed quickly but like they say, only with the key to the lock. If it's locked, you can't get to the quick release buckles which are on the inside. But, if someone wanted it bad enough I'm sure it could vanish.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Ray on the drums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 512 Posts

Yeah you'll grow to love the big trunk.

Like the black girls say, 'I can put alot of junk in my trunk!'

Old 10-03-2015, 12:33 PM
smokyheritage
Cruiser

Thanks Ray! I new I could get some encouragement from a dresser man like yourself.

Hopefully the wife will like it as she is due back from the beach soon if not washed away by Joaquin.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:10 PM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

I also like it. If fits in well with the heritage. Its also a leatherpro product. Best u can buy, but i am partial.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 753 Likes on 461 Posts

The leather pros is what I was going with but came across a good deal on a tour pak.
I like the larger one.

I have a quick release but I leave it on all the time.

I'm really feeling the leather pros studded lowers.
I'm just stuck on the $500 price tag.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It looks like it caught chrome chickenpox. I like it.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Is this a fashion show to impress others? Or do you have a need for the bags?. It's your ride do it your way. I don't like the look of bags but I use them when needed.

Quick Reply: Leather Trunk, Help Me Decide