Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 breakout...time to mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 09:49 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

That's one thing about my Breakout that I liked...very little to mod, besides a Stage 1. I added a sissy bar and grips.

If I had the money, I'd do something about the damn 4' wide handlebars...I Know...they're not really 4' wide. It kills my shoulders.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:39 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
If I had the money, I'd do something about the damn 4' wide handlebars...I Know...they're not really 4' wide. It kills my shoulders.
Why? Are they to narrow I am thinking about replacing them with wider ones...

Old 10-07-2015, 12:14 PM
TexanOn2Wheels
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The everything breakout thread" has loads of great info in it if you haven't checked already. Really good looking bike btw, if I was going to spend 20k on a bike that would be the one, color and all (even though I do love the much hated flake paint option).

Old 10-07-2015, 12:37 PM
MarkFXSTC
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to change my bars for something else but to be honest the stock drag bars are part of the whole breakout mean look that make it different to other HD's. No offence but the CVO's high bars and fatboy style panel behind the headlamp detract from that slammed sleek look of the Dragster design!!

Old 10-07-2015, 03:59 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the Breakout family. Definitely check out all the Breakout threads. There is a ton of information on here to keep you busy for quite sometime. I do like the color of your bike. Have fun.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:18 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've already been digging through the "everything breakout thread". Boy there's a ton of info in there. It's always helpful having guys that have already done the trial and error and are nice enough to share the info with everybody. Just bumped the blackline tank console mod up my list after seeing those installed pics. Way better looking.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:45 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by the_enforcer
I've already been digging through the "everything breakout thread". Boy there's a ton of info in there. It's always helpful having guys that have already done the trial and error and are nice enough to share the info with everybody. Just bumped the blackline tank console mod up my list after seeing those installed pics. Way better looking.
Agreed !

Old 10-08-2015, 10:14 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys. Quick question for you. All my parts are in transit to my house. I was in the garage looking the bike over and realized that the rear turn signal housing has a bracket behind it that holds the tag holder. I'm removing that holder to relocate to my axle but what do I do to re attach the turn signal housing so it sticks out as far as the other side? A new housing I assume. If so, does anybody have a part number for it.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Or if you like them nearer to the fender you can buy another bracket like the left one and install it on the right. Rear turn signals look better slightly shorter...
Will look for p.n. of both options if you're interested.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Capt Woody
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Grats on the new BO. Appearance-wise, those are one of my favorite HDs in recent years!

Quick Reply: 2016 breakout...time to mod