Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heritage owners what mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 04:32 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default heritage owners what mufflers

looking for something similar to the v&h monster rounds if anyone knows of any let me know want deeper rumble not noise. thanks in advance

Old 10-13-2015, 08:26 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I still have the stock exhaust on mine, but I am switching this winter. I heard a Heritage that had the Vance and Hines Pro Pipe. I was looking for just the right look and sound. Cant wait to make the switch.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:43 AM
rbeamj
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok. This is my opinion and experience and trust me, everyone has opinions when it comes to cams, exhaust and tuner preferences.....

I too wanted a deeper sound and little bit louder setup than stock so I purchased some V&H slash cut slip-ons. They were LOUD. Yes the sound was deep but it was just too loud, especially with the front pipe exiting right below your ear. I took them off as they really were just too loud for my tastes.

I switched to a Rinehart 2-1 system. LOVE the sound it produces. It is loud; however, it does not have that high pitched tinny sound of the V&H slip-ons. They are also very deep sounding.

Many here will recommend Rush racing and I have heard lots of bikes with those pipes. They do sound very good.

Also there is (I think) Thunder City who can make new baffles for your stock pipes which may give you the desired results.

Ultimately, go to a bike show, ride around and see what people are running. Listen and find something you like then ask the owner what they are so you can get them for your ride. I personally like the way the 2-1 sound on my '14 Heritage. There is one drawback to the quieter 2-1 I put on.... When splitting lanes in Bay Area traffic, people do not hear you as quickly and often will delay moving out of the way. With the V&H slip-ons people moved more quickly as they heard me approaching from farther away..

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:17 AM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the Rush slip-ons on mine and like the sound. Nothing too loud for my ears.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:52 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

I've had my Rush since 07.. and still love them. (In fact my set was the first set of them that our dealer ever put on) I got the 2'' baffles because I knew I was adding cams after the warranty was out..

on a stock 88 or 96 Rush is now saying the 1 3/4'' baffles is better for a little more TQ in the lower RPM's

Deep rumble and good low mild sound while cruising, but they will sound off when your wind it out.

they have great customer service after the sale and the quality is really good.. mine still look great after 8yrs and 52k miles...

Last edited by oct1949; 10-13-2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-13-2015, 07:18 PM
DRJ1911
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Rush mufflers with 2" baffles and really like them.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:22 PM
DMiller
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have V&H Long Shots with the baffles still in them on my 02. Not obnoxiously load, but has that deep rumble. Plus is they look great with the saddle bags on the Heritage.

Last edited by DMiller; 10-13-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:44 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

04 95cu heritage, long shots...Ppl like the sound allot. So do I..
I do wish sound was deeper somehow

Old 10-13-2015, 09:31 PM
smokyheritage
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 03 Heritage had V&H Longshots on it, when I bought it, which is part of the reason I did buy it because that is what I would have put on it, if they weren't on it.

Wow, that was a mouth full. I've just always liked them. They are long and get the sound back behind you. They have heat sheilds that don't turn blue. I run them with the baffles in. They are still plenty loud for my taste and give my carbureted bike what I call the real Harley sound. I don't know of any other system that would look any better to me.

Pipes are kind of a personal taste just like saddles are. So, like another poster said go to a bike show, do some research, read some reviews, make sure you get what you want because most aint cheap and to aggravating to have to go through again.

I can say that I have had some DG Hardkrome 3" Big Straights on my previous metric cruiser that I did like but after it's said and done, I like the V&H better.
Good Luck to you on whatever you decide.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:22 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rush Baloney Cut 1.75'' slip ons. They sound real good but are pretty loud to my ears. I would not want them any louder.

Quick Reply: heritage owners what mufflers