Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today, I saved a heritage springer.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 08:32 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

That looks too nice and complete to be parted out. Good find for sure.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 PM
smokyheritage
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice score! I remember one of the first Harleys I ever rode other then an ole 77 AMF Sportster was a 97 Heritage Springer. With the grumble of those hollow fishtails, it took me a good while to stop grinin.

Last edited by smokyheritage; 10-21-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:27 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
That looks too nice and complete to be parted out. Good find for sure.
I glad I found it before it was parted, for sure.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:28 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by uklauren
Nice. Good find.
Thank you!

Old 10-21-2015, 10:33 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Nice...looking forward to what you do with it.
Thank you! I'll start with rebuild motor, and extensive cleaning, then replace tires, with ww's. Then see what she looks like.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:22 AM
Beltdriven
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Springer

Good score,classic bike,stunning paint combo,keep the pictures coming.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:33 AM
zachr4x4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good pick before being parted out

Old 10-22-2015, 06:52 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I am a member on HSOA. I'm not on there as much as I should. There are many helpful people there, and here. Joe G., is especially helpful. I will post over there soon. I'm going to take stock tomorrow. And see what I need. I just ordered a service manual. I'll, also, post pictures of the progress i make. It's going to be a great project! Post some pics, when you get it!
Well thanks for the shout out!

What a great bike, you did very well. You can spend a lot on that bike and still be in the money.

I love the purple, save that paint for sure.

I'd suggest you make a list of everything you need and start a thread on HSOA.... pretty good chance folks have everything you need for a fair price or at least will give you advice on what a fair price is, and where to get things (surprisingly a lot is still available from HD). For example, BossBags can rebuild your bags to be better than new, but it costs more than new from HD for $800ish shipped from Boardtracker.

Those bags look pretty well shot indeed. You should try soaking them good in a tank of warm water until pliable (may take a while on those) then stuff them with towels until in shape. Free to try and you never know, I improved mine a lot with that technique and I think a few soaks and I might get them back 95%. If the backs are cracked I did a post with pics on the Harbor Freight plastic welder, it's cheap and works great, I can dig it up for you if you need it.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:57 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice find.

Oem bags are still available from the moco.

Take Joes advice and jump on HSOA.

Old 10-22-2015, 08:03 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Well thanks for the shout out!

What a great bike, you did very well. You can spend a lot on that bike and still be in the money.

I love the purple, save that paint for sure.

I'd suggest you make a list of everything you need and start a thread on HSOA.... pretty good chance folks have everything you need for a fair price or at least will give you advice on what a fair price is, and where to get things (surprisingly a lot is still available from HD). For example, BossBags can rebuild your bags to be better than new, but it costs more than new from HD for $800ish shipped from Boardtracker.

Those bags look pretty well shot indeed. You should try soaking them good in a tank of warm water until pliable (may take a while on those) then stuff them with towels until in shape. Free to try and you never know, I improved mine a lot with that technique and I think a few soaks and I might get them back 95%. If the backs are cracked I did a post with pics on the Harbor Freight plastic welder, it's cheap and works great, I can dig it up for you if you need it.
I will, make a list, and post once I get everything sorted, I have a few boxes full of parts. I will tell the story, in a post, soon. It's kind of crazy.
Once I get the bags off, I will try soaking them, they look pretty bad, though. The bike has 107,000 miles, and so do the bags. Lol. The seat has a couple of small holes, I may be able to use it for a while, but I would like to find a better one, eventually.

Quick Reply: Today, I saved a heritage springer.