Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 06:23 PM
MarkFXSTC
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Breakout Handlebars

I want to change my bars to something similar to the stock black bars but angled more towards me. Don't want to change cables or the fab looking risers and nothing shorter or much higher.
Has anyone done this? If so where did you get them?
Thanks

Old 11-12-2015, 07:34 PM
burnsy87
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Da-Rza did Trask V-line 4.5", I could be wrong. He has a great thread in this section about his Breakout.

Edit: here

Last edited by burnsy87; 11-12-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:43 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by burnsy87
I think Da-Rza did Trask V-line 4.5", I could be wrong. He has a great thread in this section about his Breakout.

Edit: here
I think those looked like the best choice for what the OP is looking for maybe. They have rise and pull back though.... Me the stock bars are fine on the BO and I'm not long in the arms.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:57 PM
burnsy87
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually didn't mind the stock bars either.. granted, over only 350 miles, ~220 in a day. I'm not sure my back will like consistently being in that position though. I'm following Da-Rza's route, I think.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:02 AM
MarkFXSTC
Tourer

Thanks guys.
I think the stock bars and risers are a fundamental part of the whole bad *** Breakout look. If I could just bend them a few degrees closer then that would be perfect. But I will probably just live with them. I see you can buy 1.5" or 1.75" riser extensions on eBay so may look at those. Has anyone fitted these? Only seen close up pics so I'm not sure how they look.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkFXSTC
Thanks guys.
I think the stock bars and risers are a fundamental part of the whole bad *** Breakout look. If I could just bend them a few degrees closer then that would be perfect. But I will probably just live with them. I see you can buy 1.5" or 1.75" riser extensions on eBay so may look at those. Has anyone fitted these? Only seen close up pics so I'm not sure how they look.
I'm currently in your same situation and planning my solutions.
For the time being I bought (haven't received yet) some 1" chromed spacers from the Ebay seller you mentioned. Preferred to go on 1" in order to have cables not too stretched (probably no need to cut zip ties either) and they look better.
Then I'm actually projecting, cooperating with a local CNC machine shop, some risers specifically designed for our BO.
They'll be about 1" (max 1,25") longer but...SLOTTED! HD was used to sell some slotted risers for older models and they were really bada**. On BO they'd match many slotted parts and details, looking very nice both in chrome and in contrast cut finish. It's an idea still at "concept phase" but I'm pretty positive it'll be done.

Just an example to give a rough idea of how they'll look like...

Attached Thumbnails Breakout Handlebars-slotted-risers.png  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-13-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:00 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I love the drag bar look but I hate them because they're too damn wide. If I had the money, I'd get taller, STRAIGHT risers and get a bar that's 6" shorter on each end. But I don't have the money, so I'm stuck with them.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:12 PM
MarkFXSTC
Tourer

I'd be interested in those slotted risers. Hopefully in a few years there'll be more parts for BO's. I search eBay until I'm blue in the face for anything new 😱

Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I love the drag bar look but I hate them because they're too damn wide. If I had the money, I'd get taller, STRAIGHT risers and get a bar that's 6" shorter on each end. But I don't have the money, so I'm stuck with them.
Well, that's too short even for me...LOL
2-3"shorter would be enough for me even if my piece of cake would be a T-bar, like HD Street Slammer but it'd a complicated and expensive mod due to tach relocation, etc...
But I'll be fully satisfied if I'll manage to have those slotted risers CNC machined.

Last edited by Nostradamus74; 11-13-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MarkFXSTC
I'd be interested in those slotted risers. Hopefully in a few years there'll be more parts for BO's. I search eBay until I'm blue in the face for anything new 😱
Don't worry, there's also someone else on the other side of the pond who is continuously searching for the same thing!
Glad you like the idea, I'll keep you updated on the w.i.p. of this project.

Quick Reply: Breakout Handlebars