Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Finally_BrokeOut
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Breakout

Bought my new Breakout. I'm wanting to upgrade exhaust, air cleaner, and ad a tuner. YESTERDAY! Lol!!
I like the V&H 2 in to 2 Big Radius and I like the Arlen Ness 18-943 Inverted Series 10 Gauge Black a/c to match the stock wheels.
What Tuner is recommended for the most bang for your buck?
I like the Bluetooth ability of the Vance and Hines Fuelpak FP3 Tuner.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

I'm a virgin with bikes, so go easy on me please...
I do have 25+ years of Automotive experience, mechanical and electrical, but little Electronic Tuning experience.

ASE certified(WooF'nHoo!! I know, it just means I can read and comprehend...) Automotive and Diesel Tech.
I've got a one car garage with a Snap-on tool box full of Snap-on, Matco, Cornwell, MAC, and other brand name tools that I know how to use properly and I'm not scared to!!
Here is the Leash, lead me on!!

Old 11-24-2015, 01:08 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Welcome to the BO club!!! I like what your thinking. I've got the V&H FP3 & Big Radius 2 into 2 with a Ness A/C. The FP3 is awesome, and is easy to use!! Auto tune, decel pop reduction, map edit for cam replacement are just a few of it's features I've used with great success!! You can also see real time data on your phone while riding, very cool!! Does a lot for the price!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 11-24-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:41 AM
Finally_BrokeOut
Novice

Cool, maybe this is going to be easier than I thought...
Any negatives on the FP3?
Does anyone know of a GOOD, Honest, Independent Dyno Tuner around the South Houston, Texas area?

Old 11-24-2015, 06:42 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

welcome...you are on the right track. the FP3 is a good bang for the buck. With the Autotune mode there is really no need for a dyne tune. The guys @ Goe HD in Angleton are very good but they will want you to use the HD tuner. It is a good product but not necessary IMO for a stock bike with pipes and an air cleaner mod. Ride Safe and greetings from Tomball Tejas!

Old 11-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Finally_BrokeOut
Novice

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
welcome...you are on the right track. the FP3 is a good bang for the buck. With the Autotune mode there is really no need for a dyne tune. The guys @ Goe HD in Angleton are very good but they will want you to use the HD tuner. It is a good product but not necessary IMO for a stock bike with pipes and an air cleaner mod. Ride Safe and greetings from Tomball Tejas!
Thanks Sparky!
Goe HD is less than a mile from where I work. Their sales team kinda rubbed me wrong, so I don't know how much business I'll be giving them. I shouldn't hold it against the rest of the dealership, I know, but I will go rub it in Phil and Craig's face that I went all the way to Kingwood HD to buy my bike!! Goe wouldn't budge off of $16,500 for a 2013 Breakout with 5K miles and no factory warranty, Kingwood HD sold me a 2015 with 645 miles for $17k flat with 22 months left on the factory warranty. Thanks Uno!!

I'm ready to do the Upgrades NOW!!!
Anybody in Houston or Texas for that matter, have these parts in stock?

Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 AM
fake
Tourer

My mods are in my sig. I know I sound like an FP3 nut swinger, but it's the easiest tuner I have ever used; and I've used a bunch of them on various other bikes.

With the FP3, you don't have to worry about maps on a laptop, expensive dyno sessions, etc. Everything is done on your phone. The FP3 can even do a Stage 2 on our bikes, which is cam work, etc.

When I put on my slip on's, I got bad decal pop. Went to the dealer and bought the FP3. Within 10 minutes, I had a bike with zero decal pop, better throttle response, and better riding experience all together.

I ended up getting the Arlen Ness Big Sucker a few months later. I ended up doing the auto tune and the bike rides sooooo good now.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:28 AM
Finally_BrokeOut
Novice

Originally Posted by fake
My mods are in my sig. I know I sound like an FP3 nut swinger, but it's the easiest tuner I have ever used; and I've used a bunch of them on various other bikes.

With the FP3, you don't have to worry about maps on a laptop, expensive dyno sessions, etc. Everything is done on your phone. The FP3 can even do a Stage 2 on our bikes, which is cam work, etc.

When I put on my slip on's, I got bad decal pop. Went to the dealer and bought the FP3. Within 10 minutes, I had a bike with zero decal pop, better throttle response, and better riding experience all together.

I ended up getting the Arlen Ness Big Sucker a few months later. I ended up doing the auto tune and the bike rides sooooo good now.
Thanks fake!!
Do most HD dealers carry the FP3's? Most want to use HD's tuner...

Old 11-24-2015, 10:30 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master

Originally Posted by Finally_BrokeOut
Thanks Sparky!
Goe HD is less than a mile from where I work. Their sales team kinda rubbed me wrong, so I don't know how much business I'll be giving them. I shouldn't hold it against the rest of the dealership, I know, but I will go rub it in Phil and Craig's face that I went all the way to Kingwood HD to buy my bike!! Goe wouldn't budge off of $16,500 for a 2013 Breakout with 5K miles and no factory warranty, Kingwood HD sold me a 2015 with 645 miles for $17k flat with 22 months left on the factory warranty. Thanks Uno!!

I'm ready to do the Upgrades NOW!!!
Anybody in Houston or Texas for that matter, have these parts in stock?
I never bought a bike from Goe but I do know their dyno guy is top notch....wish I could remember his name.

Anyway, I still think the FP3 is the best way to go. I doubt anyone in town has everything you need. shop around on-line fir the best deals. try Fuel-Moto along with some of the sponsers we use. you can also watch some You Tube videos on hooking everything up!

Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Finally_BrokeOut
Novice

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
I never bought a bike from Goe but I do know their dyno guy is top notch....wish I could remember his name.

Anyway, I still think the FP3 is the best way to go. I doubt anyone in town has everything you need. shop around on-line fir the best deals. try Fuel-Moto along with some of the sponsers we use. you can also watch some You Tube videos on hooking everything up!
Thanks again Sparky!
If you remember his name, please let me know. Does he mind tuning with the FP3, or will he want to use HD's tuner?
I found someone selling new FP3's for my bike on eBay for $299.99 with free shipping. Think I'll jump on it!!

Old 11-24-2015, 08:10 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master

Originally Posted by Finally_BrokeOut
Thanks again Sparky!
If you remember his name, please let me know. Does he mind tuning with the FP3, or will he want to use HD's tuner?
I found someone selling new FP3's for my bike on eBay for $299.99 with free shipping. Think I'll jump on it!!
I would imagine being a HD dealer he would have to use the SERT but not 100% sure. These days a smaller dealer may go outside the HD norm....

Quick Reply: New Breakout