Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went To A HD Performance Workshop

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 01:22 PM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zz2h33
Trying to find some specs on this SE Tire Shredder option you guys are talking about. H-D website only has the Stg 1 110ci upgrade kits mentioned. I am about to pull the trigger on the SE 120R motor, but I want to compare performance numbers with this tire shredder kit to see if its worth the extra $.
According to the dyno sheet in the video I posted earlier the torque and horsepower ratings are right around that 115 mark.... which is exactly where I want to be! I'm headed to the dealership right now to get some hard copy literature and pricing both for the kit and the labor. It's off-season here and I'm hoping I can talk them down a bit in price.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:24 PM
zz2h33
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Make sure this kit is available for the B engine before going any further, I have a feeling its not.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Berick
Tourer

Originally Posted by zz2h33
Make sure this kit is available for the B engine before going any further, I have a feeling its not.
I was told the kit will work on any of the 103 engines (without splitting or boring the cases). It still does not compare to the 120R that someone else had wanted to compare it to.

I picked up the 2016 Screaming Eagle brochure and here are both of the 110 Stage 5 kits with dyno charts. The first kit is the "Race-Only" (non-emissions compliant version) and the second kit is the "Emissions Compliant" version.

Non-emissions compliant kit:

Emissions compliant kit:

Old 11-30-2015, 05:28 PM
Berick
Tourer

When installing the non-emissions compliant version (race version).... it is at the dealerships discretion as to what they cover for warranty. The MOCO takes no responsibility whatsoever for it. The dealership I spoke to had mixed answers. The tool behind the parts desk said it was a standard one year warranty but the service guy said there was NO WARRANTY but that they would put down in writing they will warranty the engine only for 5,000km (no time limit on the mileage). This kit also voids any and all warranty you may have had on the bike previous to installation.

The emissions friendly kit allows you to keep your factory warranty or any other warranty the bike may have.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Berick
I was told the kit will work on any of the 103 engines (without splitting or boring the cases). It still does not compare to the 120R that someone else had wanted to compare it to.

I picked up the 2016 Screaming Eagle brochure and here are both of the 110 Stage 5 kits with dyno charts. The first kit is the "Race-Only" (non-emissions compliant version) and the second kit is the "Emissions Compliant" version.

Fuel Moto consistantly hits those kind of numbers for a lot less money
Emissions compliant kit:

Those kind of numbers could be done easily
I can understand wanting to go with HD, but after looking into some of this myself I believe you will get a much better product from a vendor such as Fuel Moto, Hillside or Vee Twin Racing. Those shops are going to custom hone your cylinders to get the proper clearance on your pistons, set your ring gap and have much better overall quality control of the components in your kit. The HD will be pieces that have just come down the assembly line, while they will be in spec for tolerances they may not be as perfect a fit as those that you would get from one of the vendors I mentioned.

Another drawback I see is going to be the tune. The maps that HD has for download and available with the SE tuner need to be fine tuned. They are very generic and leave a lot to be desired. While the SE tuner is a very capable tuner, it still takes the right person to use it. Where places like Fuel Moto can send you a map (for the Power Vision you already have) that needs little to no adjustment whatsoever.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but judging from the responses folks at your dealership have given you I would be looking for another shop. You may try posting in the engine section and just ask for recommendations for shops in your area that do good work. You can't be the only one that's skeptical of your dealer.

Last edited by Fat11Lo; 12-01-2015 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Reread your signature
Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Jchaiyo
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Berick

Emissions compliant kit:

Between the kits the only 2 differences are the race kit uses super Turner and has higher compression heads... Like I said before if it wasn't for the warranty I would have looked aftermarket without a doubt.
These engines are plug and play now not like the evolutions of old where you had to measure cam end play, put clay on the cylinders to measure valve clearance, Mill heads to get higher compression, bore and hone barrels, time the spark, list goes on. **** you don't even need to press the cams into the cam plate anymore....

Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Berick
Tourer

Fuel Moto 107 kit for me is about $5200.00 Canadian installed plus a 3,000 mile trip and fuel and lodging.

The performance 110 kit through Harley is $5,500.00 Canadian installed.

Both kits put out roughly the same numbers but the HD kit has a larger 58mm throttle body, high flow injectors and 110 jugs (not included in the Fuel Moto kits). Both kits are great and offer roughly the same numbers and I'm 100% positive the HD kit will be able to be bumped up higher with a good dyno/tuner shop (room to grow).

Personally, I'd like to see Fuel Moto build a 103 engine with these new lined 110 cylinders using their heads, 777 cam setup, 58mm throttle body and Hi-flow injectors and custom dyno tuning. I'm sure the numbers would be pretty good!