Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 11:49 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Sundowner opinions

Alright, so I understand that seats are very subjective. With that being said, are there any people out there with anything to say about them?

Old 11-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

don't like it, puts you forward on the bike, besides it's big and bulky

Old 11-29-2015, 05:02 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MNtadpole
Alright, so I understand that seats are very subjective. With that being said, are there any people out there with anything to say about them?
If your looking for a more comfortable seat for a passenger then they do the job. Fit well and will match the look of the stock HD seats as far as the covers go. The riders seat is nice too, very comfortable.

With that being said I hate the look of the passenger pillion on my bike as it is much larger than the stock passenger pillion and looks out of place on that style bike. Not sure what you ride but might look better on other bikes. If you don't want your passenger bi*ching in you ear after about 45 minutes (and rightfully so with the stock passenger pillion on my bike at least) then do yourself a favor and get them, life will go smoother.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Ezridr60
Tourer

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

Put one on an '07 Ultra. The stock seat was killing my tailbone that I whacked showing off for the grandkids on a jetski! (Must have been a fairly spectacular wipeout, when I got back to the dock there was a chorus of, "Do it again Grandpa!") But back to business, I can ride all day without the pressure of the stock seat. You're probably going to get a wide range of input, I'd suggest trying out one of the available demo seats at your dealer. In my case they didn't have a demo for my year bike, but they did have a new one in stock they let me try before buying.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:28 PM
NOMOREWORK
Tourer

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Wife was very comfy but I felt it pushed me too far forward.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:38 PM
sickntwisted
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Passenger Pillion provides great comfort (I'm told) over stock and looks factory. They're super fat, so it doesn't stay on my bike unless I'm hauling a$$.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Uncomfortable after a couple hours.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:11 PM
fish-r-ride
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I have one on my '08 FatBoy and I like it. So does the wife. I'm short legged so my feet set flat on the ground and if it pushes me forward it doesn't bother me.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

if you need that extra push forward, that will do the job

Old 11-30-2015, 07:35 PM
MNtadpole
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
If your looking for a more comfortable seat for a passenger then they do the job. Fit well and will match the look of the stock HD seats as far as the covers go. The riders seat is nice too, very comfortable.

With that being said I hate the look of the passenger pillion on my bike as it is much larger than the stock passenger pillion and looks out of place on that style bike. Not sure what you ride but might look better on other bikes. If you don't want your passenger bi*ching in you ear after about 45 minutes (and rightfully so with the stock passenger pillion on my bike at least) then do yourself a favor and get them, life will go smoother.
Well I'm looking for a two up option for a softail Slim. I think the sundowner takes away from the look. I have the HD Slim passenger seat, but the wife says it feels like a brick.

Quick Reply: Sundowner opinions