Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New-ish 2015 Deluxe CVO Do it or Don't

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard719
Haha, next time you come out west, lemme know and we'll meet up for a beer!
lmfao...I kno wher tha 1 beer ends up. Ever get tha way, yeah man. Please, grab me tell me I got that messed up I sleep in the garage.

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 12-01-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:30 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
I guess you missed my point. I can kinda see why the CVO is $7-8 grand more but you made it sound like all of the above besides the motor would be changed in your new project. Why start at $22k just to throw more money at it changing things. Most folks by CVO's and don't mod them a fraction of what you're thinking about doing. Seems like a waste of money to me. But its not my money.

Whichever way you lean I look forward to your project. I went crazy on my Deluxe similar to what you have done in the past and will do with this next one. I think they're the best looking bike HD makes.
I got your point and I'm starting to feel more and more like I should just do a stock deluxe instead of doing a CVO. Cause in the end, I'm gonna do pretty much the same that we always do, wheels, bars, cables, all that other stuff too.

I appreciate the help with my decision too, thats why I asked all of you guys. Its better to get other opinions than just mine.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Spindrifter
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I'd go the CVO route, but I'm biased There are a lot of chrome goodies plus the bike cover, GPS, windshield, bags, the custom paint and the 110 that would just sway me more that way. What color is the CVO you are looking at? I guess you'd have to really love the paint in the end. I'm sure whatever you end up doing will be awesome in the end. I'm looking at changing my wheels on my CVO at the moment (21+18).

Old 12-01-2015, 07:25 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Spindrifter
I'd go the CVO route, but I'm biased There are a lot of chrome goodies plus the bike cover, GPS, windshield, bags, the custom paint and the 110 that would just sway me more that way. What color is the CVO you are looking at? I guess you'd have to really love the paint in the end. I'm sure whatever you end up doing will be awesome in the end. I'm looking at changing my wheels on my CVO at the moment (21+18).
Its the tunsten/Chrystal black one. Just like the one in your SIG. The paint is awesome, I'm just having a tough time pulling the trigger on it.

Spindrifter, can you tell me if your fender is different than the Stock deluxe front fender? Also, how strong is that SE 110?

Last edited by CountryD; 12-01-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

seems the CVO owners wouldn't change their bike much, or as much as you want to change it. So why bother changing what they think is a completed bike.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:13 AM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm not a fan of the Deluxe CVO, I don't like the paint schemes, the tank emblems, despise the wheels. (If I could find a stronger word for "despise" that i could use in a public forum I'd use it.) & don't like the exhaust & air filter - I understand you'll probably change the pipes & cleaner.
In my eyes the only reason to buy the CVO is how bad do you want the 110 motor?

Old 12-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Have a friend that works at harley, says they have or will have a kit out soon to convert your 103 to the 110. it's about 2500 not including labor

Old 12-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by schlacker
I'm not a fan of the Deluxe CVO, I don't like the paint schemes, the tank emblems, despise the wheels. (If I could find a stronger word for "despise" that i could use in a public forum I'd use it.) & don't like the exhaust & air filter - I understand you'll probably change the pipes & cleaner.
In my eyes the only reason to buy the CVO is how bad do you want the 110 motor?
same old story, when the new bright shiny toy comes out, they drop their 2 year old toy to buy the new one..gotta have the iphone five then 6 months later gotta get the six..again, some people like to tinker..but if not for those people we wouldn't be where we are today.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:34 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

I really like CVO Deluxe bikes. I looked for one for quite awhile and if i had gotten one i wouldn't change it much because i like them, paint, chrome etc. And they do keep their value over a customized Deluxe that might have the same invested in it.

So if i were you, wanting to customize, i'd go with the non CVO and then build your bike to your specs.

Non CVO, why invest more money, then change it up, when modding would actually devalue the bike.

Modding a non CVO, built to your specs would satisfy your vision of the bike.

And down the road, would most likely increase the value (not dollar for dollar) to the right customer.

Last edited by 68 XLCH; 12-02-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:10 PM
DynaJ
Road Master

If your going to buy a bike to make it your own I think its the best plan to buy the cheapest model and start from there, the 110 is poop..if the bike had the 120r well that's a different story, trust me when you run into a 120 and you have a 110 you will be sorry you paid extra I had a guy pull up next to me with a cvo springer that had a 110 my "little" 95 motor had the guy looking for another gear LOL... I have seen your old bike on the forums in the past and I would have taken that bike over any CVO period...

Quick Reply: New-ish 2015 Deluxe CVO Do it or Don't