Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vulcan engineering/motorway-buyer beware!

Old 12-29-2015, 06:24 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vulcan engineering/motorway-buyer beware!

Joe Johns (owner of Motorway/Vulcan Engineering) is both a liar and a thief. Do NOT do business with that ahole. I returned parts for refund and he falsely tried to blame the Post Office for damages. Then he falsely claimed I didn't pack the parts correctly. I bought an entire roll of bubble wrap at Staples, I wrapped each part individually with bubble wrap, then I added extra bubble wrap to the box. He claims that (and I am quoting his exact words) "no you din't give a **** and thew them in the box, the box was not packed solid it got crushed and split open".
TOTAL BULLSHIT!
I should have taken in to consideration the post below that a member posted on the forum:

"VULCAN ENGINEERING/ MOTORWAY-- BUYER BEWARE!! I purchased a 3' raked cup set for my Dyna. I also purchased a wide glide triple tree. The cup set came with an extended tree bolt to cover the additional lenght with the new cups added. The problem is that the extended tree bolt has 1' threads on it and their triple trees come with a nut and are designed for 7/8. I contacted the guy who hastily said he would mail me an extended bolt with the 7/8 threads. Waited a week( he uses USPS- plus he paid the wrong amount of postage), and when I got it,it was the same stock length bolt that I already had. I called for two days and he would not pick up his phone. I had a friend call from a different exchange and he picked right up. I am not an irate person when dealing with people, so he can not say that I was hard to deal with. I even offered to pay postage or return the original bolt since I could not use it anyway. Now I am stuck with cups and a triple tree but no bolt. Have to start search for extended bolt. What kind of honest business dodges phone calls- I would say one that has no confidence in their products or just doesn't care about customers once they have your money. Maybe you won't have a bad experience, then again- maybe you will. I guess it boils down to if you want to take the gamble or not."

Here is the bottom line--DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MOTORWAY/VULCAN !

Old 12-29-2015, 01:37 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

I bought a fender from them about four months ago. It was sealed inside a plastic bag and thrown loosely in a thin wall box with no bubble wrap or padding. The box was crushed but luckily the fender did not seemed warped and was not damaged. Seems ironic he complained about your packaging when the packaging on my shipment from them was very poor...

Old 12-29-2015, 03:07 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Man hate to hear that. Want to commend you for bringing what you experienced forward. Most don't for fear of being reprimanded and ostracized by the "community at large". I got F'd on a paint job by a guy who had some stellar reviews on this site as well as others. I sent the guy indicator lights and a brake light that was supposed to be "fitted" along with my tins, they weren't. Had to do more work to the fender to fit the brake light and the indicators, forget it. Large gaps in the dash that just couldn't be fixed. Two weeks after the tins were installed the paint starts cracking, peeling, bubbling. Tried contacting him to tell him about the fitment issues and he basically called me a liar so I was reasonably sure he wasn't going to do anything about the shitbag paint job he gave me. I didn't come on here and bash the SOB, but believe me I have kept my eye out and if I ever see his business inquired about the OP will be getting a PM from me. That is the only way to put these A'holes where they belong. At Jiffy lube changing oil!! We all need to start paying for high dollar items with a CREDIT CARD so we have a means of hitting these A'holes in the only place they give a $hit about for their sub-par work. IN THE WALLET!!

Last edited by gregeinsc; 12-29-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:43 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,162 Likes on 5,391 Posts

I have bought dozens of parts from Vulcan, never had a problem...would buy again from them tomorrow. USPS and UPS will destroy packages no matter how well you pack them...I can see where he wouldn't give a refund... if he received a busted open box that was missing parts.

Did you insure the package for the full value of the contents? Never ship anything without it being fully insured. Even if you buy insurance, most shippers have very strict rules on how thing have to be packed (ie heavy items have to be double boxed)...if you file a claim, first thing they do is send someone to check out the packaging...if it doesn't meet their standards...they will not pay.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:17 AM
Overcast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh I insured it alright. But the Post Office has no record of Joe Johns verifying the claim in any way. I asked him repeatedly if he filled out the form or showed them the box, and yet, somehow they have absolutely no record of that. Thanks allot!