Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of saddle bags for Night train anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
quickbiker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of saddle bags for Night train anyone?

I'll be picking up a Night train soon. Was deciding on what saddlebags to go with. Anyone got pics of one with some on? It's an 07. As long as my Sporty sales, I plan to pick it up. My Sporty is on Ebay.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts
Default RE: Pics of saddle bags for Night train anyone?

ORIGINAL: quickbiker

I'll be picking up a Night train soon. Was deciding on what saddlebags to go with. Anyone got pics of one with some on? It's an 07. As long as my Sporty sales, I plan to pick it up. My Sporty is on Ebay.
[sm=headbang.gif] [sm=headbang.gif] [sm=headbang.gif] [sm=headbang.gif] [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 PM
quickbiker
Intermediate

Don't hurt yourself there. Just repeat this 100 times: "Let he who be he, be he", take an asprin, and all will be fine. [sm=itsok.gif]

Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on getting a new bike! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Harley Davidson makes a bunch ofbags for the Night Train. It's basically a Standard with a black engine so you'll have a lot of H-D bags to choose from.

You can choose the throw over type of bag or the somewhat rigid style that can mount directly to the fender strut.

You could mount the bags permamently or Harley makes their own detachible system for the bags or you could use the Easy Bracket or the Ghost Bracket systems.

There are lots of options to go with. You'll get a free accessories catalog with the bike! [:@]

Good luck!

Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 PM
jchildress21
Cruiser

There's also tons of aftermarket bags out there. If you can make it to any of the rally's, you'll find some great deals. Personally, I think a 'Train doesn't look right with bags. It's too much of a hotrod image. But.....I do understand the need for 'em. I bought a Heritage and a 'Train, so it isn't an issue. The 'Train is the toy, and the Heritage is the road bike.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:03 PM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i use a cheap set of throw overs, whats in them is more value to me than the bags, gets my lunch and chaps, extra gloves and leather jacket........ getting warm though so the bags will be pretty much lost for the summer months

Old 05-09-2007, 11:16 PM
bak n blak
Advanced

I have an '07 night train, and bought some of the hard HD bags w/the bareback removable brackets. I'll take some pics & post them. Personally, I don't like the look of them on there, but sometimes, they're a neccessity. The hard bags can be opened while your on the bike, but I think it makes the bike look like a BMW. I put a fork bag on for small stuff and only use the big bags for chaps/jackets/etc.

You'll love the train!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't hurt yourself there. Just repeat this 100 times: "Let he who be he, be he", take an asprin, and all will be fine. [sm=itsok.gif]
Might not have been the feedback you were looking for but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Saw your Sporty pic - You want saddlebags,it appears that you'll be doing some two-up riding and I'm thinking thatit's not easy findingsaddlebags that look good with a 200mm rear tire.

FXSTB Nightrain $15,895
FLHT Electra Glide Standard $16,095

Old 05-10-2007, 12:29 AM
quickbiker
Intermediate

Thanks all. It's just been a long time since I've checked out the new stuff Harley has. I've been riding for over 24 years on the road, and since I could walk on dirt bikes. I'm into hard riding and don't spend much time into what's hot and not. It's been 17 years since I bought a new bike, and that seems to be the only time I'm interested in what's out there, cause once I get my bike the way I want it, I'll be in the wind. This is the first year that I see Harley is actually building bikes that have the right stuff,and no wait lists, which is how I like it. I think my patience was worth it. I was to the point I was going to build a bike from a off the shelf frame, but now I don't have to.

Anyhow, I am kinda thinking the detachable mount bags maybe. How do they hold up taking them off and on for years? I guess they'd be nice to just take off and drop where ever when your on the road, but I dunno. Many choices. But I see I'm kinda limitted with the sissy bar, cause the wide fender is kinda a new thing. My head is spinnin from all the choices. And yea, I already test drove it, and got the big catalog. It was between the Fat Boy and the Night Train, and the Night Train has my favorite riding position.

Also, probably nobody interested in this thread, but my Sporty is up on Ebay. I'm really going to miss it, but I just need to slow down and relax a bit on a big twin (yea, right, lol). I really wanted to keep it also, but the boss says I can't have 2, ;-(. I'm really going crazy, cause the perfect weather is here, and I haven't been riding my bike, cause I don't wanna jinx my sale. Arrrgghhh.

I also had another thread open on forward extended controls, cause I'm 6' 5", the stock really suck. Anyone ever try the Joker's? They say 3 and 3/4", sounds awsome.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:28 AM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quick Reply: Pics of saddle bags for Night train anyone?