Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim is going Bagger build.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:12 PM
djgdot
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yzergod
Where did you get the fork brace? Thx
BikerChoice is the brand from cruisercustomizing.com half the price of RSD. Similar style.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:15 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by djgdot
BikerChoice is the brand from cruisercustomizing.com half the price of RSD. Similar style.
Awesome, thanks!

Old 02-06-2016, 04:22 PM
djgdot
Advanced

Originally Posted by HGMC_GB
I had a rsd stack. What is yours
Kuryakyn. I remember choosing this one as the RSD had no filter. I do like the look of the RSD better its smaller than mine.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Mighty_Mickey
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

wouldn't it have made more sense to make the bagger from a fatboy or a heritage? you wouldn't have had to change to delux struts as fatboys have a kit and that long wide fender with the skinny slim tire is gonna look retarded.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:46 PM
HGMC_GB
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kuryakyn. I remember choosing this one as the RSD had no filter. I do like the look of the RSD better its smaller than mine.
Right on. I'll look into that for my other bike. Here's my bones and the pipes for reference for you. Save you a little $

Old 02-06-2016, 06:38 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mighty_Mickey
and that long wide fender with the skinny slim tire is gonna look retarded.
Says you. Fat rear tires have their place, but under a set of bags? Who cares? Skinnier rear tires handle better, period. As indicated by the FXR bagger trend.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:31 PM
djgdot
Advanced

wouldn't it have made more sense to make the bagger from a fatboy or a heritage? you wouldn't have had to change to delux struts as fatboys have a kit and that long wide fender with the skinny slim tire is gonna look retarded.
Not sure what you mean there. None of the true baggers come with 200s like the fat boy either. So i guess all the road glides and street glides look retarded too New tire is 160. I know what you mean though, the eyebrows do a good job to fill the space between the bag and fender.

Bags evolved after i got the bike so struts came after.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:37 PM
djgdot
Advanced

Originally Posted by HGMC_GB
Right on. I'll look into that for my other bike. Here's my bones and the pipes for reference for you. Save you a little $

Hey thanks HGMC for posted that pic with the pipes, bike looks great and love the flush mount taillights they look really good.

What tips are on there can you let me know, this would be a good option for me too and save some $ vs. new pipes. weld on or clamp on?

Old 02-07-2016, 04:05 AM
HGMC_GB
Cruiser

Hey thanks HGMC for posted that pic with the pipes, bike looks great and love the flush mount taillights they look really good.

What tips are on there can you let me know, this would be a good option for me too and save some $ vs. new pipes. weld on or clamp on?
There just some chrome cheapies I happen to find at autozone when I had to get some stuff for my wrangler. There actually screw ons. But I ended up welding them on. Scuffed the chrome at the Enders and put a bead on it. Hope this helps

Old 02-07-2016, 04:25 AM
HGMC_GB
Cruiser

That skinny slim tire isn't really that skinny. You ain't going to see that rear tire anyways. I have a 200 in my bones and with that fender you don't see anything unless I pop the *** end up with my air ride and at best you see barley anything. Clearly my man here wants a bike that is rideable in all conditions. Don't think he's going for the OCC 300mm+ look. You ever ride a bike with a little moisture on the ground with a rear tire that's bigger than a 200? Must not have, it's like ice skating with running shoes on. You can't get into turns super hard cause the sidewall is so small, and replacing them are spendy cause you mow thru the thread a lot faster. I wish my crossbones had a 160-180 on the rear. Way more functional. It may not be as "cool" looking as a big *** tire and maybe even a little "retarded" looking but hey I like getting miles in all weather

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slim is going Bagger build.