Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Aftermarket Fairing for Heritage Softail

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Roselvr101
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Aftermarket Fairing for Heritage Softail

Question. I am looking for an after market fairing for my 06 Heritage Softail. What companies does anyone recommend? I'm thinking of piecing out speakers and head unit also, unless I really find a company that has quality everything. But I'm also price conscious in this search.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,139 Likes on 6,210 Posts

Depending on what you want and what your budget is, Memphus Shades, Dragonfly, and Reckless are three popular brands.

Also check out the bagger tail site.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:24 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Lots of good fairings out there, but most are pricey. I went with one of these, short money and pretty nice quality. The black gelcoat matches my black Heritage, I added a stereo, speakers and an amp and I'm a happy camper. A few minor tweaks were all that was needed, can't beat it for the price.

http://theusatrailerstore.com/harley-softail-fairing

Old 02-05-2016, 10:27 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Here's a pic:

Old 02-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Roselvr101
6th Gear

Dragonfly and Reckless are two I have looked at online. Also Wide open. Is there much difference in any of these on the inner face? It's so hard to tell by just looking at pics online

Old 02-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

I went with a Reckless Fairing and love it.
Along with my Progressive 422 RAPs and my Signature Series Seat, I very happy with the way my Heritage looks and rides.

Here's my post followed by another one related to a reckless fairing.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...uld-i-buy.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...d-came-in.html

Old 02-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Roselvr101
6th Gear

Are there any features in some of these after market fairings that are better than others? I'm not sure what to really look for... Help!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Roselvr101
Are there any features in some of these after market fairings that are better than others? I'm not sure what to really look for... Help!
I think it comes down to what you're after and how much you can/willing to
spend.

What I was originally after was just more wind blockage for my hands for primarily winter time and was looking to add perhaps hand guards.
I already had an oversize Klockwerks Flare windshield and had tunes through my Boom Audio setup. Both of which I liked very much.

Then unexpectedly I had $1200 drop in my lap so that kinda opened up some other options and decided to go with a full fairing setup.

After seeing a few aftermarket fairings my desires morphed into getting one that I could add a stereo too.
I decided to get a full "turn-key" package primarily just because I didn't want to screw with it and wanted a plug-n-play setup.

I've seen the simple Memphis Shades fairings and they seem to be good quality and are under $300.
But they are only for wind blockage.

There are many other brands out there with varying prices.

I googled and youtubed "fairings" and read/watched all the reviews and for me the Reckless fairing seemed the best for what I was after.
I'm not sure Reckless is the best quality and they are certainly not the cheapest, but given the two, Reckless seemed to be a good middle-ground.

That being said at $1200+ it wasn't an easy decision, but I really like it and have no regrets.

If I had to do it over again I would have gotten the tinted shield and would not have gotten the windshield trim for $50.
I've sinced replaced the shield with a 10" LRS light tinted shield and a nicer windshield trim can be had for a lot less than $50. (Note the windshield and trim are OEM sized)

Good luck on your search.
I think you'll come down to a few choices and then will just have to pick one that feels right to you.

One more thing is paint; most of these fairings come black gelcoat.
After a couple coats of wax I think it matches my vivid black paint good enough that I'm glad I didn't pay to have it painted, however I believe Reckless will paint it any OEM color for $300.

Last edited by Bluraven; 02-06-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:02 PM
woodreaux
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

Woodys Fairing - Glenn is awesome to work with !!!

Old 02-07-2016, 09:45 AM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://woodysfairings.com/
Had mine on 2 different heritages and a road king and now it's going on my 2016 heritage.good prices,quality,and top notch service.

Quick Reply: Looking for Aftermarket Fairing for Heritage Softail