Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handle bar questions

Old 02-13-2016, 02:34 PM
FatKen
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Handle bar questions

want to put different bars on my 15 fatboy lo. I was wondering if anyone knows how tall of apes I can put on without having to change anything besides bars.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,430 Likes on 4,751 Posts

You're not gonna get apes without cable changes, that's a given. Depending on whether you want just cheap apes or better, or high dollar, you're gonna have to factor in cables. DIY and 10 hrs plus depending how long you are into it at one time. It's not rocket science if you know how to turn a wrench or two.
My suggestion is do not get in a rush, order apes and risers and then measure cable length.
BR's Custom webpage will give you the info you need for the right size, his bars are artwork and pricey. Carlini is another decent route, I put their Freeways on mu '05 FB and their Pist apes on my newer deluxe. Remember to go with neoprene bushings.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:30 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

"It's not rocket science if you know how to turn a wrench or two."

And this coming from a guy who paid for his bars to be changed. Great advice. +1 on the bushings.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
"It's not rocket science if you know how to turn a wrench or two."

And this coming from a guy who paid for his bars to be changed. Great advice. +1 on the bushings.
pfft...had you been following any of my threads you would know that last handlebar swap was a xmas present. I have always done my own upgrades if it wasn't under warranty, now go bust some else's *****. There are quite a few in here remember me over the few years I've been here and what I do.
EDIT: Have nothing positive to post or help for someone > stfu

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 02-13-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:25 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

GFY poser!!! I did add to the thread. I +1'd the poly bushings. Your old lady bought you the bars. You paid the labor. Everybody here knows that. Except the newb's.

Matter of fact, weren't you on here bitching about the shop that did your work screwing your over on the clutch cable because you couldn't figure out how to adjust it???

And by the way, what the h3ll is PFFFT????? A queef?

For the record, give ole' Mark Twain his just due for your signature, or let me guess, that's all you?

Last edited by gregeinsc; 02-13-2016 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:01 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by FatKen
want to put different bars on my 15 fatboy lo. I was wondering if anyone knows how tall of apes I can put on without having to change anything besides bars.
You should be able to fit a 10" bar with only a brake line change.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

lmfao @ greg...put the bottle down and come back to reality before you bust your heart open. You are one obnoxious piece of work, feel bad for those that live around you. Like I said, nothing positive to say or help for someone, you should really keep to yourself.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:09 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLS103
You should be able to fit a 10" bar with only a brake line change.
That would depend on the width of the bars, 10" rise with a 32" width sounds about right. They say heritage bars are a direct swap with the existing cables/wiring, I'd look to see how wide those are and go from there.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:13 AM
FatKen
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
That would depend on the width of the bars, 10" rise with a 32" width sounds about right. They say heritage bars are a direct swap with the existing cables/wiring, I'd look to see how wide those are and go from there.
Thanks I will look into that. I don't want crazy huge apes I just want something better then the stock bars on the bike.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:31 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Wild1 Chubbys are 37" wide x 16" tall in the pic. The Heritage bars are 31" wide by 7" tall. Here they are side-by-side for comparison. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Handle bar questions