Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please

Old 02-14-2016, 10:42 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help Please

Did my cam install this last week with Wood cams, pushrods, lifters. The only problem I had was the damn loctite "burping" and getting it into a new lifter and pushrod end. Had to dismantle the lifter block, remove the lifter, disassemble, clean, and reinstall the clip...no issue. Also clean and blew out the pushrod end. no biggie. This morning installed new short shots...held my breath...and hit the starter. It fired right up and runs and sounds great. cleaned everything up and took it around the block for a test. Came back smoking and oil all over everything. It APPEARS that the leak is at the top of the pushrods. The issue with the wood pushrods is you reuse the factory tubes and iy was a BITCH getting the clips back in. Wondering if anyone else had this problem? Can't be leaking anywhere but there, the gasket around the cam chest..which appears fine...and the gasket on the lifter covers..which aren't under any pressure... With oil blown everywhere its hard to tell. HELP and Opinions appreciated!

Old 02-14-2016, 03:38 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sometimes you have to just step away for a while and that was the case here...my dumbass put the clips in wrong. I was putting the clip between the top of the bottom tube and the bottom of the spring loaded section...duh! watch a video and changed
it. #1 went in easier and after a test ride it DOESN'T LEAK! yay!