Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

I like the initial impression of the pulley change. I would love more torque off the line. Any idea if there is a change on the speedometer and odometer? What will the FP3 do?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
I like the initial impression of the pulley change. I would love more torque off the line. Any idea if there is a change on the speedometer and odometer? What will the FP3 do?
Ya Sarah, it's a great bang for the buck mod...and yes the speedo is off some, I could adjust it with the Dakota Digital gauge, but I'll wait for the FP3, it's a really cool little tuner controlled with your phone or Ipad, that I'll use to "flash" a new map designed for the exhaust I'm running. It has a lot of features including "Speedo Recalibration" it's easy to use and will be more accurate then adjusting with the DD gauge... I'll leave the FP3 on the bike, it's very small and takes up little room under the seat. I like being able to view the "real time" sensor data on my phone while riding!! You can download the free FP3 app and check out all the features in "Demo" mode if you like.

Last edited by Rocker B; 05-02-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:10 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
So I went ahead and pre-ordered an FP3 today. They keep pushing back the date for shipping the new model for 2007-2013 bikes, the pre-orders ship first, so I wanted to get in line. They're now saying will ship end of May...also ordered chrome axle/nut covers, HD (rear) Top Down (front)...
Got my first good ride in today, with the belt drive and 30/70 pulley combo!! I went out of town right after picking it up, so only had a couple short test rides. WOW!!! I'm really impressed with the torque increase with the new pulleys, It feels like a different bike!!! I cant wait to get the FP3 and flash a new map. I'm running a HD download and XIED's now, and it's far from a good tune. I'm also diggin the "whine" from the belt drive, definitely a different sound, but I like it!!! One other thing about the belt drive, before installing the clutch friction plates, you soak them in ATF for five minutes and then let them drip dry for 8-24 hours or longer, mine dried for over 24 hrs. and still threw out a mist of ATF for about 50 miles or so, but it's all good now!! BDL says the less you let them dry the longer they will spit fluid, could take up to 150 miles. A little messy, but no big deal...also hope to have the "custom" rear pulley cover for it done this week!!

Congrats bro! Every time I pop in here you've got new cool **** done. you are a man of action. lol. belt drive looks great. maybe that cover is a bit "tame" though, would be nice to have something where you can see the pulley centers. it is neat to see them spinning around. I know.. everyone's an artist right? hah.

so yeh hows that drive ratio upgrade. does your bike not feel like it just lost 100lbs of dead weight? It's how all 2007-up bikes *should* have come from the dealer. Damn federal regs always buggering up everyone's fun and all...

Have fun putting on the new shiny parts and put some miles on that sucker!

Old 05-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Congrats bro! Every time I pop in here you've got new cool **** done. you are a man of action. lol. belt drive looks great. maybe that cover is a bit "tame" though, would be nice to have something where you can see the pulley centers. it is neat to see them spinning around. I know.. everyone's an artist right? hah.

so yeh hows that drive ratio upgrade. does your bike not feel like it just lost 100lbs of dead weight? It's how all 2007-up bikes *should* have come from the dealer. Damn federal regs always buggering up everyone's fun and all...

Have fun putting on the new shiny parts and put some miles on that sucker!
Thanks man...and YES!! lovin the pulley change, between that and the actual drop in weight with the belt drive it does feel like a new bike...SNAPPY!!! and that's with the crap HD download, It should be a blast with a good tune from the FP3!!!
I'm gonna replace the rear belt drive pulley cover with a flat one from a older Primo Rivera that I had turned down and the mounting holes filled and re-drilled to fit the BDL. I really don't care for the dome cover and the face of the Primo also has a design that should match up nice with the Southern Motorcycle Works wheels, pulley, rotors and a/c cover that are coming.... I'll see how it looks, can always try something different or run it without the rear, or even both covers...

Last edited by Rocker B; 05-02-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:40 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

^^ Cool- your Rocker is on it's way to "bad ***" status. l am really looking forward to seeing the new wheels on it.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Front tire showed up today, came fast from Jet.com, ordered Thur. Nice and fresh too... date code is 4615, so less than 6 mo. The rear 260 is coming from Dennis Kirk and should be here Wed. Was able to get both Metzeler tires for $325 shipped, (thanks for the sources Enforcer) great prices!!.... I took a couple pics comparing the new Metz. 120/70/21 with stock Dunlop 90/90/19...the most noticeable difference is the width, almost looks like a rear tire compared to the skinny little stocker!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 05-09-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:08 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Front tire showed up today, came fast from Jet.com, ordered Thur. Nice and fresh too... date code is 4615!! The rear 260 is coming from Dennis Kirk and should be hear Wed. Was able to get both, shipped for $325 (thanks for the sources Enforcer).... I took a couple pics comparing the 120/70/21 with stock 90/90/19...the most noticeable difference is the width, almost looks like a rear tire compared to the skinny little stocker!!
Just passing on the info. Glad I could help you with scoring the tires. Pretty good deal for the set. I did a lot of searching around for them and those two places were the best pricing I could find. Bike is coming along quite nicely man. Having both your scoots in the garage sure would make it tough deciding which one to take for a cruise.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:43 PM
djackson
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nice progress and well nice build to date. look forward to seeing what all is in store

Old 05-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

Rocker B, will the 260 tire fit on a rim made for a 240? I don't want to change out my wheels but would like a fatter rear tire.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by djackson
nice progress and well nice build to date. look forward to seeing what all is in store
Thanks....

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
Rocker B, will the 260 tire fit on a rim made for a 240? I don't want to change out my wheels but would like a fatter rear tire.
Ya Sarah, fits the stock 8" Rocker wheel no problem, you can go to a 260 on your next change out, if you like!!

Quick Reply: Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD