Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 03:46 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

It is a 25mm axle, but the Rocker axle has a big step up at the head of the axle where it passes through the fork leg, I assume the Breakout doesn't as most other bikes don't, I hadn't seen that before until my first Rocker.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by EagleRay
If he was to swap the Rocker axle for a Breakout axle he will need to swap the left fork leg too. Right side diameter is the same. I used a chromed right fork leg of a Rocker on my Breakout...the left fork leg of the Rocker would not fit due to a larger axle diameter compared to the Breakout. I had to buy a CVO fork leg instead....very pricy.

But you're the one who can tell for sure having both bikes in stock
Originally Posted by EagleRay
The one on the BO for sure is 25mm. If I remember correctly the shape in terms of diameter steps is different on both. A Breakout axle does not fit the left Rocker fork leg.
I found the thread I had remembered seeing https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...my-rocker.html HHI makes an axle, without the step down (2nd pic, HHI bottom/Breakout top) that works on Rocker forks with a wide triple tree, or you can use a bushing on a Breakout axle, like Alain did (1st pic) while he was waiting for the HHI axle to show up....So, Valdemar you wont need a new left fork to install a Turbine wheel on your Rocker...... and Ray, I guess you could have used both Rocker C forks with the HHI axle, or your BO axle with a bushing, and saved a few bucks, not sure if it would have been a lot cheaper though??......

Last edited by Rocker B; 07-25-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:36 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
I found the thread I had remembered seeing https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...my-rocker.html HHI makes an axle, without the step down (2nd pic, HHI bottom/Breakout top) that works on Rocker forks with a wide triple tree, or you can use a bushing on a Breakout axle, like Alain did (1st pic) while he was waiting for the HHI axle to show up....So, Valdemar you wont need a new left fork to install a Turbine wheel on your Rocker...... and Ray, I guess you could have used both Rocker C forks with the HHI axle, or your BO axle with a bushing, and saved a few bucks, not sure if it would have been a lot cheaper though??......

Thx for sharing Rocker! Yep...I might have used one of those options but you know it's a little bit complicated here in Germany with warranty regulations. Using an aftermarket axle would sure have voided my warranty and my dealer most likely would not have agreed to install it. Similar topic with the bushing, I guess.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Valdemar
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Thank you friends for help...
It´s a problem the wide size of the breakout wheel, because a lot of work and money for chagne the triple trees.
I think continue with my Rocker C wheels in the future...A new custom chrome wheels specifically for rocker are very expensive compare with the breakout wheels.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

The painter called this a.m. He's been really busy, and just got started on my job. He wanted me to come take a look at the Thunderbike fender. It turns out it's gonna need some body work to look it's best. There are some fairly minor imperfections that are noticeable now that it's primed. It'll add a couple hours labor to the job, .... but I really think it needs it, again, it's not bad, someone else may have just had him paint it, but seeing a wave in the new fender would bug the **** out of me!! He said he should have everything done by the middle of next week.....

Last edited by Rocker B; 07-28-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The painter called this a.m. He's been really busy, and just got started on my job. He wanted me to come take a look at the Thunderbike fender. It turns out it's gonna need some body work to look it's best. There are some fairly minor imperfections that are noticeable now that it's primed. It'll add a couple hours labor to the job, .... but I really think it needs it, again, it's not bad, someone else may have just had him paint it, but seeing a wave in the new fender would bug the **** out of me!! He said he should have everything done by the middle next week.....
Same happened to me with Thunderbike fender and decided exactly like you...

Old 07-29-2016, 05:55 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

The painter called this a.m. He's been really busy, and just got started on my job. He wanted me to come take a look at the Thunderbike fender. It turns out it's gonna need some body work to look it's best. There are some fairly minor imperfections that are noticeable now that it's primed. It'll add a couple hours labor to the job, .... but I really think it needs it, again, it's not bad, someone else may have just had him paint it, but seeing a wave in the new fender would bug the **** out of me!! He said he should have everything done by the middle of next week.....
But that front fender was golden, wasn't it?

Old 07-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Same happened to me with Thunderbike fender and decided exactly like you...
Ya, you'd think for that kind of $$$ it would come ready to paint.... kinda pissed me off!!!

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
But that front fender was golden, wasn't it?
Yes, the front was good to go!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 07-29-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:28 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

Yes, the front was good to go!!
Yeah everything from Bitchin Seats that any of my friends or I have have ordered has all arrived good to hook!

Old 07-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

I finally got around to installing the HD flush mount gas cap and fuel gauge!! They look and fit way better then the Drag Specialties cap and dummy cap that didn't match (different diameters) and had a sloppy fit (lose and didn't sit flush on the tank). The gas cap also leaked when the tank was full.

Here's the Drag Specialties cap and dummy cap I replaced....

Here's the HD cap and LED fuel gauge....The fit and finish is much better....and I like the fact that you can't see the indicators on/in the gauge, unless the lights are on, it just looks chrome with the lights off ....the fuel gauge also has a photocell, so it dims the fuel pump icon and fuel level LEDs in low light conditions....

Last edited by Rocker B; 07-30-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD