Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Faced Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 07:36 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I went with the Harley modular, seemed to fit the best for what was available locally, As previously posted, defiantly check with your local shops that sell sport bikes.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:24 AM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts

I've had KBC ff, AGV ff, Then decided to see if a white helmet really made much difference in hot weather so I ordered a biltwell grigo S. Very basic very light IMO. It is now my favorite helmet. Fairly lightweight and fits my American mellon-hence Gringo. Most comfortable ff I've ever had.

Last edited by fskitch; 03-20-2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 03-20-2016, 01:02 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts
Old 03-20-2016, 01:23 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

I use the Bell Bullit it fits well has good vision with good ventilation but I would rate it a little on the noisey side.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:25 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

I see your in Nova Scotia so you can order from Canadamotorcycle and have free shipping on there helmets.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:36 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I have a Shoei FR-1100 and like it a lot. It's my first ff so I can't say that it's any heavier or lighter than any other. But it doesn't seem heavy to me at all. The ff helmets will feel tight at first but eventually the foam inside will conform to your face and become a lot more comfortable. Also, I get no buffeting at hiway speeds.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:39 PM
sr230mike
Road Captain
Received 94 Likes on 59 Posts

I have heard Cycle Gear has a 5 or 7 day trade policy, do some research on what is important to you in a helmet, try some on and figure out what feels good and ride in it a few hundred miles. Repeat as needed. Just went from a HD half to a Shoei neotec fits my head and lite and quiet for a modular. Pricey but I like my head!
Yes I forgot it feels like it is squeezing your cheeks, but breaks in pretty quickly. And the cheek pads are changeable, the ordered me a smaller pair and swapped them out for free.

Last edited by sr230mike; 03-20-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:40 PM
tommyglide
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fskitch

I've had KBC ff, AGV ff, Then decided to see if a white helmet really made much difference in hot weather so I ordered a biltwell grigo S. Very basic very light IMO. It is now my favorite helmet. Fairly lightweight and fits my American mellon-hence Gringo. Most comfortable ff I've ever had.

How is that Gringo S for quiet and noggin shake goin down the road? Kinda interested in that melon roof

Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 PM
WRMorrison
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

One of my local HD dealerships had a 20% off sale, so I picked up one of their modular helmets. I mainly use it for the freeway and stick with a 1/2 while in town. It's not as restrictive as I had originally thought. I like the fact that the wind isn't constantly making my eyes water, I can keep my hearing aids in instead of plugs (had to get them at a relatively early age...) and the vents provide adequate cooling.

The built-in sunshade does a good enough job that I don't need to wear my sunglasses too (Arizona) and the modular design allows me to lift the entire front if I'm stopped to get some fresh air without removing the helmet.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with it. The main reason I decided to go full-face is because at speed, the wind with the 1/2 felt like it was going to rip my head off my shoulders.

-WRM

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...modular-helmet

Old 03-20-2016, 02:25 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by tommyglide
How is that Gringo S for quiet and noggin shake goin down the road? Kinda interested in that melon roof
I don't get much buffeting at all with my setup. Results may very depending on windshield, batwing or whatever. This helmet is a little on the noisy side but not by much, compared to the other 2 ff's I had. I think if you're concerned with noise some foam earplugs or noise cancelling earbuds for music would help. Nothing fancy like vents but if you want air lift the visor. I'll say it again-Most comfortable ff I've had.
I've had ¾ and ½ helmets in the past. I have a non-dot beanie for quick in town running around. I know if I go down the beanie will do no good. But it's my choice as much as I can have in California-Keeps the cops off my back. Thats to say if I were free to decide helmet or no- I'd wear the Gringo when I travel over a few miles and none on the days I wear the beanie.
I like the bell retro for looks and it has more features-I've never had one on my head so can't speak to comfort. Glad I chose the gringo S-fits true to size. I wear 7 ⅝ baseball cap and the XL helmet fits perfect.
I think revzila is where I bought mine-they have return policy I didn't need to use.

Last edited by fskitch; 03-20-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Faced Help