Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Faced Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 01:07 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

remember when you were a kid?

Old 07-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

I can attest to the Biltwell Gringo. I have that one without the shield. If you want the shield you need to order the Gringo S. love those helmets.

At higher speeds the Gringo is fine as long as you have good wraparound sunglasses or goggles, otherwise you'll wish you opted for the Gringo S with the shield.

I have the bubble shield that pops on but it's tough getting the helmet on and off while wearing sunglasses.

and yes, at 80mph in a slide you may survive, as long as you roll and don't hit anything.. the pro racers who go down don't hit trucks, kids, deers, trees, or brick walls. They survive because they slide and roll into soft dirt and ultimately into a cushioned wall. Heck, in that environment I would push my bike to do 200mph too.

On public streets you will hit something unless you just happen to slip on gravel while taking a turn. if you do hit something like another vehicle, tree, wall, guard rail, etc, you will break something at those speeds. no doubt. I've seen neck, back, arms, and legs broken in slower speeds. Heck, one guy lost his foot. We found his shoe about 50 yards away from the scene of the accident with his foot still in it. The rider was a criminal that was being chased by the police in downtown NYC. He wasn't traveling more than 40mph when he ran into another vehicle. Had a beenie helmet and no injuries other than his lost foot. go figure..

Old 07-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc

and yes, at 80mph in a slide you may survive, as long as you roll and don't hit anything.. the pro racers who go down don't hit trucks, kids, deers, trees, or brick walls. ..
Where do you do 80mph where you will hit these things?

Old 07-27-2016, 02:12 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 171 Likes on 82 Posts

Yep - the Gringo S is what I've ordered - means in the summer I can take of the visor and just use sun glasses, then pop it back when the air turns chilly for winter.

Win win.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:13 AM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Do I really need to explain it to you??

public roads contain all of the elements of surprise that you will never find in a closed circuit race track. You've never seen trucks on the highway? or sped passed kids playing on the sidewalk? no dogs or trees in your town? you don't think you'll hit any of these things if you lose control of your bike at high speeds?

over here Deers have the tendency to dart out in front of you on the highway. guess you don't have them either..

i want to move to where you live...

Old 07-27-2016, 09:30 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc
Do I really need to explain it to you??

public roads contain all of the elements of surprise that you will never find in a closed circuit race track. You've never seen trucks on the highway? or sped passed kids playing on the sidewalk? no dogs or trees in your town? you don't think you'll hit any of these things if you lose control of your bike at high speeds?

over here Deers have the tendency to dart out in front of you on the highway. guess you don't have them either..

i want to move to where you live...
Not at 80mph. So no. Traffic is moving at double digits when I'm doing 80mph. There are no kids, dogs, *****, intersections on roads I'm doing 80mph. Are they on yours?

Old 07-28-2016, 02:00 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

i just bought a gringo s as well. my speed and strength brand ff helmet was getting old. man the gringo is nice. really light weight, great field of view. the inside fabric is really soft and nice. and the look is cool too.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:02 PM
tommyglide
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Good to hear about the Gringo S. I bought one last April but have yet to wear it.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:09 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 171 Likes on 82 Posts

So having used it for a day, I really like the Gringo S.

The visor tends to blow shut over 50mph which is a bit annoying, but I'll probably remove the visor for summer anyway.

Looks great and is very comfy... And cheap too! Only £139 over here, which is cheap for a decent retro helmet here in the UK

Old 07-29-2016, 02:49 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

The visor poppin shut is an automatic feature. Like the Porsche spoiler sought of

Quick Reply: Full Faced Help