Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to destroy a beautiful heritage (step by step)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 02:30 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I'd have to start with a turd and build it up from there. That's too nice of a ride to start wrenching on. Nuff said.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:41 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

OP said frame damage. What does that mean? Plus it's way to early to get very excited here

Last edited by amkaos; 03-31-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:01 PM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I have second thoughts posting on this thread after I saw the thread's title and the beautiful bike itself coz I might be interpreted differently.

"How to destroy a beautiful heritage" already gave it away and im sure you don't give a F* on what people think. Do what you gotta do, it's your bike, be happy whatever you do to it. I too don't give a F* whatever I do to my bike coz im not trying to impress anyone but me.

I've seen some celebrities though (Bieber comes to mind) put leopard print and pink camou paint on their supercars and call it "cool". It's like, "How to Thrash a perfectly beautiful Lamborghini". And yeah, that's nobody else's business because it's not their money.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
I think it's way easier to take a pile of ****, or a plain stock bike, and turn it into something nice - not so easy taking something already nice - and making it into another type of nice. definitely subscribed- go for it brother!
You're dead right man, it's not easy at all! Cheers!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:34 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Bikerlaw you're right man. I even see a lot of people making the suggestions of wanting springers etc but rarely does one ever go that route for some reason. I assume because there's a lot of confusion as to what springers they can use, the right length, and what parts they need to make it happen bars/risers/brakes etc. A lot of people put things in the "too hard box" and don't do it...I guess also the expense can done times be an issue too

Amkaos you might need to read my posts properly, never once did I say it had frame damage.

Kinect I'm not one to think of great post names lol. But I figured I'd rather just put it how it is so people don't get the idea that I'm boasting to improve on its current looks, because I'm not. There's very little to do to complete this bike as it sits now in this current style (vicla would you call it?). For those who wont like what I'm doing to this bike, the title how to destroy a beautiful bike will give them the heads up I already know what they're thinking and I'm still doing it anyway haha. I'm all for hearing about cool products that might be an improvement over parts I plan to use, but the overall style I'm heading for won't change. I promise you though, no leopard print! Haha. Appreciate the support man!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:41 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

You said your frame isn't perfect.... Again what does that mean?

Old 03-31-2016, 10:34 PM
kinect
Cruiser

Hey Ink, I also want to thank you for being broad minded. Like I said, I was careful in choosing my words coz some people are so immature to react differently and being confrontational. I knew you didn't mean to destroy it literally but just to poke curiosity amongst readers.

But man! what da hell with the train? Like the poster before me, I hope to see it before I can still hop on a two-wheeler. Haha!

Old 03-31-2016, 10:46 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Amkaos by that I mean is age, it's nice but it still shows some wear and tear. photos can be misleading

Kinect that's text for you, there's no time of voice which is what determines how something some days is to be taken. Understandably I think we are all guilty of taking text the wrong way at some point. It's only natural if theresno tone to go with it.
Haha yeah it's getting there. I'm not completely happy with the rear fender and I'm looking at ways to give it a better finish. feels like for evey hour I work in it took 6 hours of planning lol

Old 03-31-2016, 11:01 PM
kinect
Cruiser

I have this friend, he owns a bar locally and pretty sure he can afford any bike he would like but still he wants to roll on his old softail custom springer. We are on opposite ends of the spectrum but we are still friends. That bike is all rusted the way he likes it and I want mine clean and shiny. I thought il post it here since you showed a springer front end. The only thing we have in common is the apes... I think.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:46 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Yeah I can completely relate to him liking it that way. I love and appreciate a nice clean new shiny bike, but when it's that nice, you always want to keep it that nice and so you're forever cleaning it to maintain the bike, which is understandable when it owes you a lot of money. I guess that's why I like bikes a clean and neat but a little rough around the edges, I don't feel like I need to keep ontop of the upkeep, I can let it go for months at a time And just enjoy riding...

saying that, obviously there a lot of shiny on this bike. The new wheels won't be shiny, there's a hint, neither will the front end/bars etc. But I tell you what, full polished motor and box is not fun to keep shiny so that'll be once in every 6 month job lol

Quick Reply: How to destroy a beautiful heritage (step by step)