Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to destroy a beautiful heritage (step by step)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 07:17 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I forsee a huge issue if it were me.
On one hand I know you build them to run. And run fast.
On the other, you buld them to show.
How are you gonna ride when all you wanna do is stare at it?
Huge proble Ray

Old 06-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Not a problem at all. I have no problem riding it like this. Like I have no problem riding long distance stance on the night train. Just have to not be such a ****ing ***** haha. Nothing at all stopping this bike going cross country other then carry some extra fuel, so I don't see how it's just for show?

Old 06-17-2016, 08:35 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Be the same as some one on a super comfy *** eurpopean tourer looking at some one buying and riding a Harley and thinking how the hell can they ride that long distance. Some people just need to be extremely comfortable, others don't really care for those comforts. I been riding that night train around with no suspension travel sitting on the bump stops and 6mm of hard padding on the seat pan, it really doesn't bother me at all

Old 06-17-2016, 11:22 AM
J-S
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

look nice so far can't wait to see the finished result

Old 06-17-2016, 01:38 PM
HDKyle
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ink I think splattt meant that you build your bikes so beautifully that one would just want to stand and stare at it...and I agree, I could stand there and stare at it's beauty. Don't think he meant it's unrideable. Anyway, I like where this build is going. Just like the train I'm sure the end result will be nothing short of fantastic. Cheers!

Old 06-17-2016, 04:49 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Yeah my bad splatttt I did read your post completely wrong as HDkyle pointed out! I thought I read you saying my bikes are not rideable and took a bit of offence to it. Sorry bro!

And thanks Kyle and J-S, appreciate it guys!

Old 06-17-2016, 05:18 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Some bikes can hypnotize and make you forget that it's something you can actually ride.
Some builders build just for show and no go. Glad your philosophy don't lean that way. Sorry if I edited my comment badly. Was to early in the am for me and rushin to get to work bro.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:17 PM
Hellbilly07
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lookin sick man. Didn't see this when I mentioned the bike earlier. Hopin' it's a 107" could be nasty.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:26 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

All good splatt man I guess everyone has their version of what's ridable and what's not as we are all subjected to different riding conditions and sustain different injurys we need to consider. The more I think about it the more I realise what I build definitely wouldn't be classed as ridable to a lot of folks. They would be more of an expensive mantle piece haha

Hillbilly it'd be nice if it was the 107. Though it did keep up with the se 103 stage 3 I use to have in my nigh train, that's with all that bling hanging off it before, so it's got a bit of poke. I think with the ported polished heads and manifold, port matched and decks shaved for more comp added with the weight loss, the thing should fairly scoot along still.

I shouldn't be touching this thing yet but I was getting a bit of an idea how I want it to sit dropped. The seat needs to be moved forward an inch and a half and down one inch so the nose of the seat sits flush with the frame. The tank is at the angle I like but will come down an inch once I cut those mounts off that's keeping it from sitting down

Old 06-26-2016, 10:50 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

What is your next move Ink?
Keepin tires?
Frame done?

Quick Reply: How to destroy a beautiful heritage (step by step)