Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Day maker head light.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 03:34 PM
96slowbra
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

good thread, I just bought a used daymaker and can't wait to put it on and try it out

Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

Hitting my dear, would be worse that hitting a deer!

Old 04-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

i live in farm country, hit a dear in my car 2 years ago, he and another deat waled into the road arond a blind curve, i hit him dead, sailed across the road. if i were on a bike it would of been me instead of him. i'm doing the truck lite as recommended by my friend Gommee

Old 04-22-2016, 09:45 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I have the 5 3/4 on my Breakout and although I don't ride much at night, I usually ride with it on highbeam during the day. But when I have ridden with it at night, it really does a good job.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 AM
MachU
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Daymaker on the wife's Sporty, it is without a doubt much better to ride at night, than the halogen. When she is riding behind me the daymaker lights up in front of my bike. However, daytime riding definitely use the brights, as it is not as clearly visible as the Halogen to oncoming motorists.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:48 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
i live in farm country, hit a dear in my car 2 years ago, he and another deat waled into the road arond a blind curve, i hit him dead, sailed across the road. if i were on a bike it would of been me instead of him. i'm doing the truck lite as recommended by my friend Gommee

Both Evo2 and Truck-lite are good, I went with the Truck-lite cuz it matches my driving lights and the Space Aged look is not for me (I almost bought one). The Evo2 projection is supposed to be a rounder beam than the flat projection of the Truck-lite. My auxiliary lights compliment my Truck-lite and light up the entire road.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:47 AM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 339 Likes on 218 Posts

Last pic taken slightly to one side, as i didnt want to go blind.

These are just as bright as the 'Daymaker' with specs that either meet or exceed them, without the ridiculous price tag.
With LED's and drivers being so cheap these days, i struggle to understand how some of the "brand" names can charge so much.

I got mine supplied for free from the manufacturer in exchange for using my bike at a trade display and using pics for their upcoming trade catalog. They wouldnt say who they supply these to, but i dont care.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:00 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

beautiful bike^^^

Old 04-28-2016, 11:00 PM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I have the HD daymaker on my night train. It made a huge difference and I needed it because I have the small dia headlight, I have mine aimed a littler higher than the instructions detail. I ended up sitting on a dark road and adjusting it to my satisfaction. Would not run other style of light.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

my friend has a daymaker on his blacked out slim. he swears by them. If the stock headlight is that bad why can't you just replace it with one of those PIAA ultrabright anti-vibration H4 bulbs? shouldn't that fit and work better than stock?

i installed that same bulb on my old Triumph cruiser and it made a huge difference. unless, of course, you're looking to increase the size of the headlight itself. the stock one does look a bit small for its frame!

I think i'll try that bulb first and then swap out the entire headlight to something bigger if it's not enough. the daymaker looks about the same size as stock. (for the breakout) i don't know...

Quick Reply: Day maker head light.