Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Day maker head light.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 09:54 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Day maker head light.

Who out there has the day maker headlight? Do you like it? Is it that much better? Is it worth it?

Those who know me, knows I hit a dear 2 years ago. Had I had more light out in front of me I may have had time to react, swerve or dodge him.

I can assure all out there, that you do NOT want to hit a dear, or any animal. I didnt go down but that was just by the grace of God. It happened so fast I didnt even have time to say, "oh crap!!!"

Thanks to all who replies in advance.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-21-2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Poorly disguised profanity
Old 04-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Berick
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I had a Daymaker and switched over to the Evolution 2. Both lights were a great improvement but if you're like me....... after hitting a deer you tend to want the "best" light to see as far out as possible. For me that's why I went with the Evo 2 and kept it on the bike. You could always add the auxillary lights as well if you wanted to really light things up.

Last edited by Berick; 04-29-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Tony,

I've had LED lights (headlamp, passing lamps, brake light, turn signals and even fender tip lamps) since day 1. My headlamp and passing lamps are Daymakers.

I like them. They are much better than incandescent or halogen. There are several bands out there at different pricing. Like any other product, there will be varying opinions of brands. Yes, they are worth it.

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
... Those who know me, knows I hit a dear 2 years ago. Had I had more light out in front of me I may have had time to react, swerve or dodge him.

I can assure all out there, that you do NOT want to hit a dear, or any animal. I didnt go down but that was just by the grace of God. It happened so fast I didnt even have time to say, "oh crap!!!".

Thanks to all who replies in advance.
I had LED lights and hit a deer approximately 1 year ago so it may or may not give you any additional time to react. Fortunately, I didn't go down either. I do agree, it happened in the blink of an eye.

Didn't you change from incandescent to HID a while back?

Old 04-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

TBone I've got a TruckLite 7" LED and I won't ride without it, I just love it. The difference really is night and day, my bike has better headlights than most cars. And because it's so directional, I usually run on high beam and never get flashed.

I did a thread with pics of before and after on the lighting.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...cs-inside.html

JW Speaker makes the lights for Harley, and I just saw a new model on their website:

http://www.jwspeaker.com/blog/new-le...le%20Headlight

Now that looks terrific! At $700 it's a little pricey.

The regular models are $288 on Amazon.

A Trucklite like mine is down to $168 on Amazon.

LED bulbs are less; but get recommendations from those that have them because I bought a cheap one and wasted my money.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Here is a post on LED head lights, my post in the thread #17 gives you links to the different manufacturers.

I bought the Truck-lite, because it matches my driving lights.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-headlamp.html

Old 04-22-2016, 07:30 AM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered the black daymaker for my deuce. After ordering I am having second thoughts on not going with the chrome. I am wondering if the chrome would be brighter since its reflective and the black wouldn't be. But with projectors would it matter? thoughts anyone?

Old 04-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jdsmitty10
I just ordered the black daymaker for my deuce. After ordering I am having second thoughts on not going with the chrome. I am wondering if the chrome would be brighter since its reflective and the black wouldn't be. But with projectors would it matter? thoughts anyone?
Black or chrome is only important to those looking at the front of the bike when parked. From the rider's or oncoming traffic's point of view it won't matter if it's chrome or black.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:56 AM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

I got a Daymaker for my 2015 Fat Boy, and the difference when riding at night is remarkable. I'll never own another bike without a Daymaker headlight.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13,166 Likes on 5,400 Posts

Eagle Lights has the Daymaker equivalent for a fraction of the price....some people like only HD OEM parts....but some folks are on budgets...

Old 04-22-2016, 11:21 AM
bp03
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 5 3/4 Daymaker on my Blackline. Much better than factory halogen. No complaints!

Quick Reply: Day maker head light.