Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

from the looks of things around here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
I like the Breakout and it seems to be the "it" bike right now.
I like my Standard. Classic chopper lines.
That all depends on where you live. Not a big deal where i'm at. I have 4 dealers within 100 miles and i've seen 3 on the floor.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

I honestly can't tell which bike is hotter. All of them seem to be flying off the shelves here in NY. my local dealership always seems busy and every day someone is ringing that flippin bell. I have not seen any consistencies with certain models. Street Glides, Slims, Breakouts, all being picked up but I did notice a lot of effort focused around the Street Glides. I also see plenty of vrods laying around. Last week I saw about 10 vrods against a wall. I test rode one and didn't like it. Just didn't feel right. nothing about it says harley. obviously we know why... Sales guys said they don't have much love for them, but the younger riders seem to gravitate towards them. I prefer the breakout. speaking of breakout, my magic ball tells me it's only a matter of time before they go dual discs up front, with hydraulic clutch like the CVOs. all the reviews I've come across seem to mention this "need." Considering I just purchased my 16 model, I hope it doesn't happen for at least a few years. would suck if I had to trade her in one year later. The hit could be pretty significant.

Last edited by Drodrigueznyc; 05-17-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by matte
...They should just rename this forum "breakout models". Discuss...
They come and they go. When I started coming around here it was a lot of Fat Boy Lo and Crossbones stuff and the Nightrain guys were still pretty active, then came the Slim followed by the Breakout. Yeah, lately there have been a lot of threads having to do with the Breakout but in time they will get their bikes modded how they want and there will be a new model with new questions and a lot of threads about that.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:47 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Fatboy's will always be around

Old 05-17-2016, 02:11 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,598 Likes on 9,813 Posts

Sportster? anyone?

The following users liked this post:
Freak Show (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 02:37 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

I honestly can't tell which bike is hotter. All of them seem to be flying off the shelves here in NY. my local dealership always seems busy and every day someone is ringing that flippin bell.

Same here in Minnesota. Seems like they are selling bikes like crazy and they cannot keep used inventory, nobody is trading in their old bikes, just buying new ones. Sales guys are actually concerned about the low used bike inventory. They make money on these too.

I did notice a lot of effort focused around the Street Glides.

This is Harley's #1 seller based on data that is about 1.5 years old. Not a surprise, but the same data showed the Breakout at #2.

I also see plenty of vrods laying around. Last week I saw about 10 vrods against a wall. I test rode one and didn't like it. Just didn't feel right. nothing about it says Harley. obviously we know why... Sales guys said they don't have much love for them,

My dealer will not stock a V-Rod unless someone wants to buy one and puts a $500 non-refundable deposit down, they just do not sell. Although I have seen some pretty kick *** V-Rods around with about $10K worth of upgrades on it (not worth it to me).

only a matter of time before they go dual discs up front, with hydraulic clutch like the CVOs. all the reviews I've come across seem to mention this "need."

I am not sure I agree. My 15 Breakout does not have this and I have no complaints. Have ridden bikes with it and to be honest did not notice much of a difference, but I am not a go as fast as possible kind of guy (got two kids at home).

Old 05-17-2016, 03:59 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I'm wondering if the Bagger trend is slowing down...there were a LOT of them on the show room floor last time I was in an the used section was almost all Baggers. quite a few dyna's on the floor too...if inventory is an indication the softail models are flying out the door an I think the Slim S an Fatboy S are sold before they arrive.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:03 PM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by langwilliams
I'm wondering if the Bagger trend is slowing down...there were a LOT of them on the show room floor last time I was in an the used section was almost all Baggers. quite a few dyna's on the floor too...if inventory is an indication the softail models are flying out the door an I think the Slim S an Fatboy S are sold before they arrive.
I think you may be right. My wife just bought herself the Fatboy Lo S and I had a real hard time getting the MSRP down. The sales guy (who I know) said he was not willing to come down anymore since they are easy to sell (got bags and windshield for "free"). Same with the Slim S, really nice bikes and if you want bags and some wind protection it can be easily added. Just won't get all of the electronic crap like a stereo with it. My dealer has had three Fatboy Lo S models come in and all three sold within a week.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:03 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

S models are definitely selling. My dealers have one of each. Hell... I've bought two of them.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Road-Rash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Breakout, but I won't give up my bagger for one.